Hey Pit let me give you the inside scoop...

I performed a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit from Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit a couple of days ago on my HP dv9730us laptop. I got everything up and running good except for one thing......my integrated microphone. My computer doesn't even recognize that it even exists and I can't figure out which driver it is I need to get for it. I tried the Conexant audio driver which got my speakers working but not my microphone, and the Realtek driver for some reason won't install. It says something like it can't locate the drivers to update. I've tried everything I can think of and I can't get it to work. So can someone PLEASE help me?!?!?!??!

I forgot to mention that I installed a RTM/OEM version of 7, but that shouldn't make a difference.

thanks a lot guys! I appreciate any help you guys give me!
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
So you're gonna end the world soon?
GOD:
Interesting deduction. That was my original intention.
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:
Well that's okay. OK I will not.

Earth's fate saved in sig = EPIC WIN!!!
Last edited by RaySolava at Oct 29, 2009,
do u have the original discs that came with the computer?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
there's some software out there that can detect all your hardware and even if your drivers are up to date.
Give that a go
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
did you try support.hp.com for the drivers? Usually mics run off the sound card driver.
[xxunder-takerxx]: Which discs are you talking about? the system recovery discs or the disc for Windows 7?

[GaijinFoot]: Where can i find stuff like that? is it free? can you give me a link or something?
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
GOD:
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:

Try to find the 7 version of your motherboard and chipset driver on the HP site.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by M Power
did you try support.hp.com for the drivers? Usually mics run off the sound card driver.

yeah i tried that and i couldnt figure out which one it is.
if i install the 2 Conexant ones then the sound doesnt even work. and the Realtek one....well....read the original post.
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
GOD:
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:

system recovery discs. it probably wont have windows 7 drivers on it, but u can at least see what exact model mic u have and u can find drivers on hp for it. or, what might work, go into control panel->add new hardware->go through steps, find mic in list, etc->search drivers automatically on disc (with ur restore disc in the drive). if an older driver for works for 7, that method should work and be a lot less hassle.

and not all mics run off the sound card. it depends how its hooked up internally. it could be internal USB, in which it needs its own drivers. a mic u plug into the 1/8" jack on the pc itself goes through the soundcard.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Oct 29, 2009,
Go to your device manager and look at the sound card or for any missing devices and right click and hit properties and look at the DEV ID under details and enter into www.pcidatabase.com and it will tell you exactly what it is.
sorry I don't know an specific one so I can't recommend. They should be free. When I've used them before I just went on a google spree. try searching for 'driver scan' or along those lines.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
this is the third time ive heard of this occurring.

what i do is partition the harddrive and load on fresh partition so if anything goes wrong you are okay.
This might have something to do with Digital Driver Signature Enforcement.
Now, i don't know for sure if this is the problem but try the following anyways. Try booting up your computer, pressing F8 at the post screen and disabling Driver signature from the menu that comes up. After that when in Windows try "add new hardware" or install the mic drivers from cd if you have them. This might fix your problem and the mic might work after that, but even then, you would have to do the whole F8 thing at the post screen every time you wanna use your mic.
Good luck.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
You better have thrown a party damn it
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
you should be able to use the vista drivers for that tbh, afaik every vista driver works on win7 (at least it did for me during the beta times, stopped using it and went back to ubunto about a month ago)
I would try installing the basic VISTA 64bit driver for your mic,

good luck tho

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>