Hey just wondering if anyone knew of any places around the Western Iowa side that are haunted. Me and my friends are gonna go to a few cemeteries and places that are supposedly haunted, but were wondering if anyone knew of any others?

Can't find anything good on Google, but maybe someone has some personal experiences.

Thanks guys!
-Guitars-
LTD ESP EC-1000VB
Ibanez RG420d
Fender Strat Made In Korea
Old Jackson from the 80's (Not sure on series)
Epiphone Special II
Fender Acoustic
-Amplifiers-
Roland JC-60 Original
Marshall HDFX Head
Marshall 412b Cab
ghosts isnt real

and if they were, they wouldnt go to iowa
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by ihavenoname93
ghosts isnt real

I don't know what Iowa is like, but I laughed
Quote by ihavenoname93
ghosts isnt real

Well if they is real, I hope they rape you for that terrible grammar.
Quote by ihavenoname93
ghosts isnt real

Almost as bad as brang, but not there.. yet

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Quote by ihavenoname93
ghosts isnt real

Hey boy sure hope y'all know dat dem ghosts isn't real.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by jetwash69
Isn't Slipknot from Iowa? Bet THEY know...

Slipknot just might be the most haunting thing that came out of Iowa.

ihavenoname was trying to make a joke at TS's expense NOW THE JOKES ON HIM HARHARHAR!
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by Holy Katana
Now, shadow people, on the other hand...

dey isnt reel eitherz
Quote by AfroVic
dey isnt reel eitherz

I really don't want to believe in them, since there's just no way they can exist, but I've seen one on two occasions.

It had to be something else, though. I mean, I'm supposed to be a skeptic, you know? What's bizarre is that I looked up "shadow people" years later on Google, and not only did I find out that it was the most commonly used term for them, but that tons of other people at least claimed to see them.

But they can't exist, can they?
Last edited by Holy Katana at Oct 29, 2009,
I have seen 2 shadow people. But then again I was around 7-8 years old, and one of the sightings was at the end of my bed so I was most probably half asleep at the time. The other sighting was at a park and it jumped over my head. Trippy.

Either way, It's bs just like ghosts, a figment of my imagination.

EDIT:Just googled shadow people and apparently them at the end of your bed is quite common.
Last edited by Hybrid_Xer0 at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
I have seen 2 shadow people. But then again I was around 7-8 years old, and one of the sightings was at the end of my bed so I was most probably half asleep at the time. The other sighting was at a park and it jumped over my head. Trippy.

Either way, It's bs just like ghosts, a figment of my imagination.

EDIT:Just googled shadow people and apparently them at the end of your bed is quite common.

See, that's the thing about them. There's no way they can exist, but they're always described in a very similar way.

It's kind of scary when you think about it.
Quote by Holy Katana
See, that's the thing about them. There's no way they can exist, but they're always described in a very similar way.

It's kind of scary when you think about it.

Yeah I agree man, also the 30's-50's fedora hat trend is really strange.
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0

you gonna get raped...
Quote by bass-boy-garith
you gonna get raped...

Most likely already happened. It was actually my perverted uncle chloroforming me.
hauntings are just superstition

imo
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Quote by Holy Katana
I really don't want to believe in them, since there's just no way they can exist, but I've seen one on two occasions.

It had to be something else, though. I mean, I'm supposed to be a skeptic, you know? What's bizarre is that I looked up "shafow people" years later on Google, and not only did I find out that it was the most commonly used term for them, but that tons of other people at least claimed to see them.

Lots of people seeing them is certainly evidence that there is some sort of phenomenon resulting in people seeing these "shadow people".

What it isn't evidence for, is the existence of dead souls that roam the earth appearing to people and then disappearing. It's not even evidence that they exist, it could easily be some sort of common mental phenomenon.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by Holy Katana

It had to be something else, though. I mean, I'm supposed to be a skeptic, you know? What's bizarre is that I looked up "shafow people" years later on Google, and not only did I find out that it was the most commonly used term for them, but that tons of other people at least claimed to see them.

Yeah, and gravity is a CIA conspiracy to keep us on earth.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127

I knew it

Those sons of a bitches!
Quote by Julz127

Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Iowa O)))
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Julz127

I don't think they're ghosts, or demons, or time travelers, or people from parallel universes, or whatever else people guess they are; I just know I've seen them, and other people claim to see them, and I'd like a scientific explanation. It's most likely a hallucination of some sort, but I want to know what causes people to see them, if only to keep me from losing sleep about it.
Quote by speakers
ihavenoname was trying to make a joke at TS's expense NOW THE JOKES ON HIM HARHARHAR!

It was actually intentional bad grammar. I just didnt make it obvious enough apparently.
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Craig Jones' house.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I haven't ever seen a ghost, but I have lived in a house where one room acted like it was haunted back around 2001 - 2002...

The treadmill would turn on at exactly 2:00 AM. This happened a bunch of times. At first turning off the master power worked, but after a couple of times it would come on even with the master power off. For a while keeping the emergency shuttoff key out of the unit worked, but then it would turn on even with that key out. Finally the only thing that would keep it off was keeping it unplugged.

Then a couple of times we left the vacuum cleaner plugged-in in the same room. You guessed, it, both times it turned on at 2:00 AM on the nose, and the only way to get it to stop was by unplugging it.

But what really took the cake was when the amp would turn itself on and start blasting out the solos from "Some Kind of Monster" at 2:00 AM.

OK, so I made that last part up (didn't even have an electric guitar back then and that would be wrong on so many other levels, too), but the other stuff actually happened.
I'm pretty sure if you were told by a friend that the building your going into is haunted, whether it was or not, you'd freak yourself out.
Villsica, Iowa. South Western part of the state. GO HAWKEYES!
  • Ibanez Soundgear
  • Cort SJB-3 Acoustic
  • Epiphone Goth X-Treme
  • DigiTech BP50
  • Epiphone Les Paul Custom 3 Plus LTD
  • Epiphone Les Paul Standard
  • Cort Evl-K6
  • DigiTech RP80

Cort Guitar Owner's Club 2nd member.
Quote by Holy Katana

It had to be something else, though. I mean, I'm supposed to be a skeptic, you know? What's bizarre is that I looked up "shadow people" years later on Google, and not only did I find out that it was the most commonly used term for them, but that tons of other people at least claimed to see them.

Anythings possible. I think there is as great a chance they are real as there is they arent real
I've been through Iowa a couple times, terrible drivers those Iowegiens.

There is an old cemetery right between Omaha and the boarder of Council Bluffs with a statue called the "Black Angel" in it. Google it, you should get a bunch of links on it. I didn't find it to be scary or haunted.
in Debuque (spelling?) Iowa there is the Mathias Ham house. Apparently his daughter shot and killed a river pirate so now he haunts it or something...im not completly sure on the story
Fight the war, fuck the norm
Now I got no patience
So sick of complacence
With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E
Mind of a revolutionary
So clear the lane
...Whoever told you that is your enemy?