Yeah, thats right another pick thread. But Hey, lets hammer out some well though opinions.... What do you guys feel are the best most well rounded, versatile picks for certain styles of playing?

I myself have been playing with Fender medium celluloid 351 shape picks for the longest time. They sound great and are comfortable when strumming chords, muted notes, lead parts. But they also tend to slip and move sometimes and almost feel clumsy, so I gave Dunlop Jazz III picks a try this week and I was impressed with the precision of a pointed tip which made lead playing feel tight and seamless and faster. But i do like to play full chords and percussive dead notes, and the Jazz III didnt feel right strumming chords. Almost like because of the shape and thickness it seems to chop through the strings instead of a steady effortless strum like most thinner picks feel.

But anyways what are your opinions on pick differences and what works best for you and your style of music?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
If I had to say, the Dunlop Tortex and Tortex-style picks are the most "versatile".

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I agree.........Dunlop Tortex seems to me to be the best all around pick. But then again, it's really a matter of personal taste.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
If I had to say, the Dunlop Tortex and Tortex-style picks are the most "versatile".

+1

Although, like I point out in every "which pick" thread - its all personal preference.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Although, like I point out in every "which pick" thread - its all personal preference.

this and only this for me. if i'm gonna play rock, i'm gonna use [the type of pick i use]. if i play country, i'm gonna use [the same kinda' pick]. i could understand going to certain picks for special needs, like fingerpicks for bluegrass, metal picks for more harmonics, and maybe a jazz3 for some shreddage, but ultimately it's about what's comfortable in your hand.
Quote by GrisKy
this and only this for me. if i'm gonna play rock, i'm gonna use [the type of pick i use]. if i play country, i'm gonna use [the same kinda' pick]. i could understand going to certain picks for special needs, like fingerpicks for bluegrass, metal picks for more harmonics, and maybe a jazz3 for some shreddage, but ultimately it's about what's comfortable in your hand.

understood! But i still feel that some picks really feel out perform other styles in certain aspects. Like some picks are better for strumming chords (351) and some are great for fast alt picking riffs (JazzIII) but wouldn't it be great to find a pick that is versatile and does both great! I know its all preference, but for what reasons do you choose the picks you play with?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
i say the black i ce picks
not too small, not too large....
sounds like im describing my penis