sup guys,

got a problem with my 4th and 2nd fingers, when im playing they get way to high from the fretboard, im nice and relaxed while i play so if theres any tips/excerises that will help me with my problem that would be awesome, thanks in advance.
It's just something you have to practice with. I assume you make your power chords with your index (1st) and ring (3rd) fingers. I used to do it this way. Now I play with my 1st and 4th to make them and my hand is more "relaxed", like I think you're looking for. Try it this way and you might like it more.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." ~Carl Sagan
Use a metronome. Play slowly. Concentrate on keeping your fingers down. Gradually increase speed.

The way you play powerchords has nothing to do with it. You just have to develop more finger dexterity and independance.

Playing powerchords with your 1st and 4th finger is bad technique and will not help you at all. I'll give stonebrain the benefit of the doubt and assume that he meant use the 1st, 3rd and 4th fingers (one finger per string)...not just the 1st and 4th. But that's still just a matter of preference.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
Last edited by Guitartist at Oct 29, 2009,