hey...
i was thinking of getting an esp mh50 and upgrading the pu's to either emg81,85x
or active blackouts ahb3 and also an original floyd rose made by schaller

the guitar is pretty cheap so it seems like a good deal

the only problem is that i have heard that basswood body wont be able to
handle overtones(i pretty much need this guitar for arpeggios,solos and metalcore),so my question is how much of a role does the body wood play
in deciding the sound of a guitar?

will i get the same sound frm the pickups, with say, an alder or mahagony?

i have another guitar in mind a jackson dinky dxmg...it has got a low profile licensed
trem.so i was wondering if an ofr or a floyd pro or neither would be a match for it??

any suggetion would be deeply appreciated...
thanx in advance...
Body wood matters a lot for passive pickups, but not so much for active pickups.

My suggestion? Look for a guitar you like off the rack. It's one thing to make small changes or to overhaul something that was a stupid good deal. It's not a good idea to pick out a guitar knowing you'll have to perform costly modifications on it to be happy.
all LTD below 260 series in the case of FX 260 and 400 series sucks, really, try to get an used 400 and upgrade that
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Adrian89
all LTD below 260 series in the case of FX 260 and 400 series sucks, really, try to get an used 400 and upgrade that

which 400 in particular?
is it that bad an idea??
it would cost me a lot less than any guitar with same specs

is it that the cheap guitar would not be able to handle the pu's and the floyd??
get the shape you like more, and check the craiglist, but MH-400 have th3 FLoyDz for some abuse, EX,EC and M dont... so..
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/