ahh my bands performing a new song for the first time tomorrow and i just realised how terrible the lyrics I've written for it are (trust me they're bad)

somebody shoot a topic at me, or even better, some tips for speed writing something that doesn't sound terrible

and if you don't mind i could do without a "good lyrics take alot of practice and dedication..." response from anyone

thanks guys
play death metal..you only have to scream and growl something no one understands and they will love it
stick to the lyrics you have, if you change things it will throw your band off, change them later and practise them with your band before you perform
Quote by lazy town
just wondering where are you playing?

a fellow victorian i take it...
it's at a school thing man in gippsland
Quote by Ravnica01
play death metal..you only have to scream and growl something no one understands and they will love it

That's a semi-valid point. Most of the time vocals are incomprehensible due to the loud noise and mic/pa system. Unless you're playing an acoustic gig, people will only catch a couple of words here and there. Because of that you can afford having less-than-perfect lyrics for now.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
That's a semi-valid point. Most of the time vocals are incomprehensible due to the loud noise and mic/pa system. Unless you're playing an acoustic gig, people will only catch a couple of words here and there. Because of that you can afford having less-than-perfect lyrics for now.

your absolutely right

and i think i just wrote some that fit the bill
will post them for your reading (dis)pleasure =p
aww damn, i was going to battle tomorrow at werribee and i was talking to a band member that had the exact same problem as you haha. well good luck. if you scream it you wont notice them, but if you cant then...im not sure, maybe observe your influences and their lyrics?