Hello.
I'm looking to invest in a new acoustic for Christmas as I've been stuck with Argos' finest Encore acoustic for 5 years now. Although I don't use it live, I use it to write songs with and just jam so I'm looking to upgrade.
I don't particularly know much about acoustics though so I was wondering whether anyone could help recommend certain acoustics for me to buy?
Also, I would like an electro acoustic ideally!

I am looking for a rather bright sounding acoustic within the budget of around £250 or so. It would also be ideal to have a cut off on it so I can play higher up the fretboard on it too!

Thanks for your help.
Jack.
Last edited by jacko_17 at Oct 29, 2009,
I really am no expert but from personal experience you cant go wrong with this for the price.
Great tone and nice smooth action, it's definatly my next buy.

http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/product-detail.asp?prod=2478
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Ok, well, 250 pounds is about 400 usd (410.653 to be exact)
which in australia is about 450 AUD.

so. I will reccomend you the - Yamaha F series
Takamine G series.
Seagull S6

and possibly, this website.
www.musiciansfriend.com
Just a warning.
Dont even consider these guitar brands.
IBANEZ
EPIPHONE
FENDER
DEAN

If you do consider them, remember.
YOU
HAVE
BEEN
WARNED
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by Mr.Pink101
Ok, well, 250 pounds is about 400 usd (410.653 to be exact)
which in australia is about 450 AUD.

so. I will reccomend you the - Yamaha F series
Takamine G series.
Seagull S6

and possibly, this website.
www.musiciansfriend.com
Just a warning.
Dont even consider these guitar brands.
IBANEZ
EPIPHONE
FENDER
DEAN

If you do consider them, remember.
YOU
HAVE
BEEN
WARNED

Lol Why do you cancel out all them brands? And what do you think about the brand Taylor?
Thanks
i would say ibanez's artwood series has quite a few nice guitars, and quite a number has cut-aways and pickups. i'm from Singapore, so i wouldn't know the price of the guitars on your side, but i suggest you go take a look at the guitars, try them out for yourself. =D

BTW, NEVER EVER get epiphone hummingbird or dove or ej-200. the dove sounds better to me within these 3, but to say the truth, these guitars are sold based on popularity of its big brother, Gibson. So these guitars only look good, and the price tag is also rather 'sparkly'. They are ABSOLUTELY not value for money.

Anyway, if you ever heard of Maestro, its Made In Singapore (MY COUNTRY!) and well, im not bragging, but it has received several great reviews from many artistes. As a poor kid, i own one of their standard series guitars, already sounds beautiful. Their Elite and Custom series have pretty nice sounds and i suppose your budget should fit. These guitars are definitely value for money =D
Here's Maestro's website:

http://www.maestroguitars.com

after such an extensive reply, i just wanna say, go try the guitar for yourself first then make a final decision. Afterall, different people have different tastes, it's really up to your own ears to deicde =D
I would reccomend a Epiphone EJ-700, with its deep, mellow sound. Or if you want electro-acoustic, check out an Ovation. Really you could just pick up an Ibanez, Dean, or Taylor somewhere cheap.
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks