So, i'm seeing Slayer in a few weeks and i was wondering, how intense do slayer gigs get?

i've been to a fair few metal gigs, lamb of god, dimmu borgir, trivium, machine head etc...
and a ton of local metal gigs and i play in a death metal band so i know what the crowds can be like.
but this is slayer, what sort of injuries should i be expecting? what will the pits be like?
should i be worried? haha
Quote by flamster
Yes I AM jealous.

^ about me
I've seen Slayer from almost front row, lots of pushing and all that, got kicked in the head by a crowdsurfer, but no serious injuries , it can be really intense but it's a lot of fun
and now for something completely different..
cheers, i was just concerned coz i've had some bad injuries at gigs before of bands that are far from slayers intensity haha
Quote by flamster
Yes I AM jealous.

^ about me
where are you seeing them?

im considering going to the one in nottingham
and shouldnt be too bad just try stay on your feet but if you don't it's courtesy to help you up

Slayer and Hatebreed is pretty much as hard as it gets with mainstreambands. In my experience, but you'll be fine, it's not like that with EVERY concert someone dies
i'm seeing them in manchester
yeah considering i've had my nose broken at turisas and a piercing ripped out at machine head, i was a bit wary xD
Quote by flamster
Yes I AM jealous.

^ about me
Quote by KreatorRage
1. Go to a CC concert
2. Dare to enter the moshpit
3. ????????
4. PROFIT!

Have done, no hard done....someone slapped me in the eye by accident, but it doesn't bother you because you're too busy having fun.
Quote by KreatorRage
1. Go to a CC concert
3. ????????
4. PROFIT!

been there, done that, got the t-shirt

didn't hurt that much i suppose excusing the massive bruise on my arm

From what I know about gigs, if you can get to the rail, you're safe.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I saw them in Melbourne a few weeks ago.

Tom's voice was dead, poor guy, I think he ended up getting laryngitis (sp?). He kind of half sang every second song, then started pulling people out of the audience to do some others. It was amusing but kind of a let down.

Crowd was fairly intense but it's Melbourne, we're not really that crazy down here. xD I was floating around somewhere near front,centre of the mosh...
went to the one in perth about 20 days ago

****in mad inside lots of crowdsurfing and circle pits

but if you get hurt or need to tie your laces or something people usually try to get you away from the circle and help you up and shit

itll be fine TS just have a good time
Quote by arzhang
went to the one in perth about 20 days ago

****in mad inside lots of crowdsurfing and circle pits

but if you get hurt or need to tie your laces or something people usually try to get you away from the circle and help you up and shit

itll be fine TS just have a good time

i was at the same show. i agree. TS, youll be fine
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
I'm seeing them in birmingham, i wussed out last time and went upstairs when they played wolverhampton. So the upstairs is your friend.
Quote by KreatorRage
1. Go to a CC concert
3. ????????
4. PROFIT!

did that and saw Slayer at the same show
Saw slayer ages ago, pit was kinda savage but nothing in comparison to Suicide Silence / Necrophagist at the Underworld.

My god there were broken bodies

Basically, you'll be fine. Normally get older fans at Slayer shows actually so they are less into the mosh-pit thing.
Last edited by Zanon at Oct 29, 2009,
Depends on the crowd. The mosh pit from a local rock 'n roll band called Peter Pan Speedrock was way more intense than Lamb of God's pit at Sonisphere. Go in there soldier, but watch out for the psychotic morons.
saw them at mayhem fest. but because they were one of the headliners, they played in the actual amphitheater....where there were seats and they enforce seating at concerts here in va. worst state evaaarr..i mean communistwealth

yeah, so nothing happened. no pits, just some awkward headbanging
"Art is the proper task of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)