to make a long story short,i tried for the first time since i got my RG370dx to lower the action and whenever i went past the height i have (which is not very low,persumably higher than it was when i got it) i get fret buzz and sucky tone!

and now i cant even get it as it was,its significantly higher :-(
moreover (and thats whats bothering me the most) i think i messed up the proportion between higher and lower strings, i read somewhere that the height should be slightly increasing from higher to lower strings! i messed that up totally and i dunno how to fix it,and its totally random now!

so how do i get the action back to how it was when i first got the guitar?? i want a relatively low action but at the same time i dont want the notes to sound muffled
is it even possible to combine low action and good sustaining tone??
take it to the shop before you do more damage,then get a booklet on how to set it right...... do yourself a favour
What do you think would be the cure for "random" height strings? Maybe googling what a general good height should be and then investing $5 in a 6" ruler that does 64th's and measuring the height?

Quote by rchiav
What do you think would be the cure for "random" height strings? Maybe googling what a general good height should be and then investing $5 in a 6" ruler that does 64th's and measuring the height?

i dunno if i can find a ruler like that here in my glorious country! :P
i was thinkig maybe lower the strings till they all touch the fretboard then rise gradually from there! temporarily till i get it professionally set up as i have a rehearsal tonight