I own two amps that I run in Stereo. A Crate Palomino V50, and a Vox Valvetronix ADVT30. The distortion on the crate is a little to tame for my taste so I boost it with a DS-1 on very low distortion settings.

Anyways my questions are:

Is there any way I can work my system so insetad of having a stereo set up I hook the valvetronix up so it comes out of my Crate. So I can use the valvetronix and all it's effects (which I love the variety) through the 2x12 speakers built into the Crate.

I know on the ADVT30 there is no external speaker out, however there is a Line out/ Head phone jack. Could I use the Line out to hook up to the Crate?

Also if I can is there anyway to be able to switch between running the vox through the 2x12s and the Crate??

>>So for example I start off with a Flanged intro on a song with the vox and then switch over to the crate for a clean passage because the tube cleans dom the f*ck out of the Vox's SS modeling cleans, and then after the verse switch back to the valvetronix for it's distortion models for the Chorus of the song.

Is that possible with those amplifiers, or is it even possible in general, or do I really need to just go and buy some pedals.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Quote by John_was_here
Stuff.

Well, the line out is just line level so that won't drive speakers. But, you can unhook the wires from your VT and run them to the speakers of your crate, but you can't switch between the two, through the same speakers, without a pretty expensive A/B switcher. You'd need something to take the load of the amp that is not currently going to the speakers...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
So I'd have to open the vox up and wire the amp like physically to the speakers? hat could be complicated. And is there any A/B switcher that is capable of this. (if I do wire the vox to the V50) Although this sounds like a bit of work, I do like this wire to the speaker idea. I didn't even think of that, however there's one speaker in the vox, two in the Crate. What exactly would need to be done to compensate for this?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
I'm sure Radial makes a switcher that would do what you're asking...but it sounds like a huge complication to me. If it were me, I'd sell the VOX, and get a multi-fx unit to run through the Crate
sell the vox get a vox tonelab and run it throught the crate
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by John_was_here
So I'd have to open the vox up and wire the amp like physically to the speakers? hat could be complicated. And is there any A/B switcher that is capable of this. (if I do wire the vox to the V50) Although this sounds like a bit of work, I do like this wire to the speaker idea. I didn't even think of that, however there's one speaker in the vox, two in the Crate. What exactly would need to be done to compensate for this?

You'd just have to wire the speakers together in paralell, I think. But they you run into issues with ohmage. You want my honest opinion? Listen to the guys above me about the multi-fx.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
line out from vox into effects return on v50?
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.