Page 1 of 3
This one is for a local guy. Another one of those "gotta have a guitar exactly like this, I dont want any compromises" and then Ive handed him a Multiscale and it's all "whoa, ok, scrap that, lets have one of those instead!"

I like those guys

Wenge fretboard and neck, with a Swamp Ash body. Blue Kingman inlay.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
At first I thought Jake wanted something devilish for the inlay, hence the Diablo. I can up with about ten designs featuring devils tails, horns, all sorts of stuff tacked onto the letters. He didn't like any of them. In the end, I asked him why does he want Diable, but without a devil reference??

"You compared you Multiscale to a Lamborghini, it's the Diablo!"

Ok, I get it now!!

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
awesome. sticky'd.

whats that paintjob gonna be?
edit, i commented quite early, want me to remove and repost?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Last edited by metal-matt at Oct 29, 2009,
glued down with cyano glue first, then, epoxy tinted brown, just in case. The epoxy fills any gaps there might be...

... and sanded...

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!

So far, the join and grain matching are pretty much perfect. But, its having a carved top, so things will get funky when I start carving wood away. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by metal-matt
awesome. sticky'd.

whats that paintjob gonna be?
edit, i commented quite early, want me to remove and repost?

No, you get a point for being the first, right??

Extra three points for guessing where the font came from...

At this stage, it will be the same colours as the RR bass. Might change it up a bit to suit these timbers though, eg: a touch lighter in the middle and darker on the burst edge.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Last edited by ormsby guitars at Oct 29, 2009,
id say its the diablo (game) font, but the O is wrong....
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
It's also close to Callaway's Diablo golf clubs, but again, a few things wrong.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
its just so familiar that i cant put a name to it... ill probly know it by tomorow... but still...
is it the font lamborghini use to write diablo on the diablo's?

is there gonna be a big "SV" written across the guitar too? that'ed kick some ass!
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
its just so familiar that i cant put a name to it... ill probly know it by tomorow... but still...
is it the font lamborghini use to write diablo on the diablo's?

is there gonna be a big "SV" written across the guitar too? that'ed kick some ass!

erm, no. But it is a hellishly cool inlay. I like it anyway.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Definately looks like the game.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I'd like to know how you measure out fret locations and angles for a multiscale cause Id like to build one sometime but I have a feeling its a secret that you wont share
Impossible is Nothing
Diablo III to be exact

and perry what are the benifits of a multiscale?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by solomon684
I'd like to know how you measure out fret locations and angles for a multiscale cause Id like to build one sometime but I have a feeling its a secret that you wont share

If you go on stewmac.com they have a fret scale calculator. It's really just a case of asking it to give you one scale for the top of the fretboard and another for the bottom. Then mark the 2 scales on the sides of the fretboard when you've shaped it and draw a line between them to cut for the frets.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
If you go on stewmac.com they have a fret scale calculator. It's really just a case of asking it to give you one scale for the top of the fretboard and another for the bottom. Then mark the 2 scales on the sides of the fretboard when you've shaped it and draw a line between them to cut for the frets.

Wow. That sounds too simple, but it sounds like it'd definitely work. Now I'd just have to figure out the bridge, since I dont think you can buy one that staggered right
Impossible is Nothing
What exactly is a multiscale fretboard , I really cant grasp the concept.
Quote by Kroaton

"Ormsby Multiscale TM fretboards feature the best of both worlds. Added bass string length (generally 27.5") gives a fatter, tighter, faster attack, and the treble side (generally 25.5") offers easier bending, vibrato, and 'shredding'. The fact the fanned layout of the frets matches the natural arc of your forearm whilst playing, contributes to easier bar chords, more accurate sweep runs, and less wrist and tendon complaints."
Impossible is Nothing
Oh yay another delicious Ormsby being cooked up

Perry, sorry if it's any inconvienience but do you have a link to the RR bass? I was caught up in the hype over it originally but i've not seen it completed

Thanks

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Fuzzycows5157

Ok, you found the font, but where did the font come from originally?? You're so close!

Quote by eddiehimself

Thats one perfectly good way of doing it. Its not how i do it, I add a very small amount of compensation (moved fret positions relative to nut and bridge) in as well. Really, it's just me being overly picky though.

Quote by Kroaton

Solomon nailed it pretty much above. Here's a good thread to get you up to speed on Multiscales:
Multiscale No.1

Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh yay another delicious Ormsby being cooked up

Perry, sorry if it's any inconvienience but do you have a link to the RR bass? I was caught up in the hype over it originally but i've not seen it completed

Thanks

Not until its released in the first magazine sorry. Here are some sound bytes of Kelly talking about it though:
Kelly Garni talks about his Ormsby Bass

We got 50 hours of footage on HD 1080, and there are 5 hours of talking to go, before it can all be editted together for a dvd

Stay on subject!

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
hey ormsby, what are the advantages and disadvantages of having the straight fret on a multiscale at a lower fret vs a higher fret?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by blindsagacity
hey ormsby, what are the advantages and disadvantages of having the straight fret on a multiscale at a lower fret vs a higher fret?

I like less angle at the nut, more at the bridge. No other reason other than that. Everyone does it differently.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
I thought 'blade' when i saw that font. was that not where it originally came from?

I have to try a multiscale.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
The font is called Blade 2, you don't have to be that smart to find out where it's from. C'mon Perry, I expected better of you
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
well, its a kickass font, and is gonna look awesome on that guitar.

now, only if you could inlay this onto a guitar...

can you guess the font?

can you even guess the band?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by Fuzzycows5157
The font is called Blade 2, you don't have to be that smart to find out where it's from. C'mon Perry, I expected better of you

huh, its not a competition mate, its an inlay....

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Muillaykefnimuilnargcniuie

Is that even close?

This build looks sexy. Multiscales usually are.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by SG310user
Muillaykefnimuilnargcniuie

Is that even close?

This build looks sexy. Multiscales usually are.

It's clearly got a t somewhere in the middle.
EH

Mutilated something?
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by ormsby guitars

Thats one perfectly good way of doing it. Its not how i do it, I add a very small amount of compensation (moved fret positions relative to nut and bridge) in as well. Really, it's just me being overly picky though.

yeah i was going to say that but i figured that you would probably still be able to set the intonation accurately without the compensation. Although it's really the attention to detail like that which makes your guitars so awesome of course.
EH

Quote by divinorum69
Bump

Goddammit was that necessary? I thought there was gonna be an update

Dont bump a thread like that, Perry will post if there is an update
Impossible is Nothing
the pics are gone so i think it was a failed project
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
I'm personally a little interested in seeing what that crazy jagged band name up there is...
Page 1 of 3