Ok so I need you guys to help me out. I'm the lead guitarist in a band and I was wondering what you guys would think is best: the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff or The Ibanez Tube King. I like Metallica my favorite guitarist is Kirk Hammett and I play Metal. And also explain why you chose the effect you chose.

Thanks
Last edited by Sharkjaw at Oct 29, 2009,
Well first off, what amp do you have?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
to be honest no pedal is going to improve the sound of your current amp. solid state amps generally dont work well with pedals. i dont want to be a douche and give you the typical "get a new amp" response but im gonna do it anyway. save your money and get a new amp. im not trying to be an ass i just dont want you to waste 100 bucks on a pedal that wont really help your sound.
metal muff ftw.

just got mine and i plan on making babies with it
"Art is the proper task of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)

Quote by LaidBack
Well first off, what amp do you have?

Right now I have a Randall KH-15 solid state and I was thinking of buying a KH-120
And how much is that going to cost you? Because even though you love KH, we might be able to find you a better amp. Just saying.

Where do you live?
What is your budget?
We know you like metal, but how heavy are you going?
Are you willing to buy used?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by dfinch10
to be honest no pedal is going to improve the sound of your current amp. solid state amps generally dont work well with pedals. i dont want to be a douche and give you the typical "get a new amp" response but im gonna do it anyway. save your money and get a new amp. im not trying to be an ass i just dont want you to waste 100 bucks on a pedal that wont really help your sound.

Ya true that but I do play through a bigger amp at band practice its not mine but its like 120 watts thanks for the tip but I like the clean amp stomp box setup
Quote by LaidBack
And how much is that going to cost you? Because even though you love KH, we might be able to find you a better amp. Just saying.

Where do you live?
What is your budget?
We know you like metal, but how heavy are you going?
Are you willing to buy used?

Ya I live in Sweden budget for an amp if its head plus cab then maybe 800 or 1000 dollars max.
I like my Metal differently like Heavy, thrash like Metallica and Pantera heavy.
Ya I would buy used if its not to damaged.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I been trying to get hold of an MM for the last 3 months in the UK, no luck. The only stores online with them in stock don't sell online due to lack of quantity. There are a few that do online but the prices are £15-20 higher than standard and I'm really not that desperate.
If you're talking about a TK999US then I'd take that over a MM any day.

However if you're talking about the modern production Tube Kings then its a toss up, imo.

But as been said, you should focus on getting a new amp if you're unhappy with your tone. Check out the amps that Mike suggested. They are all very good and should work well for your playing style.
I used to own a Metal Muff and although it has enough distortion for anything, it sounds way thin and trebly for my liking of the brootalz. For anything that uses hi-gain, I prefer an amplifier with its own natural distortion and then you can EQ it, and boost it if needed. You can easily get a nice tube amplifier for 1000 so go scouting around.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by RR787
I used to own a Metal Muff and although it has enough distortion for anything, it sounds way thin and trebly for my liking of the brootalz. For anything that uses hi-gain, I prefer an amplifier with its own natural distortion and then you can EQ it, and boost it if needed. You can easily get a nice tube amplifier for 1000 so go scouting around.

I feel the same way. I loved my MM, but once I got a 5150 I traded that off for a couple of 500gb external drives and some internal ones.

It's great. Way better than the MT2. Loads better. If I were you, I would save up for a decent amp though.
Quote by LaidBack

What about the new Marshall MA series I was thinking between the Kirk Hammett amp series because they have some good heads but Boogie is to expensive for me.
I mean so you think I should get something else then the KH series?