No matter how hard i try i cannot figure out the difference between lead guitars and rhythm guitars..So wat is the difference?!

P.S: I never played a rhythm guitar

My Signature
There is no physical difference between guitars, its the style that you play that makes you either lead or rhythem.
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
Lead guitarist is the guy who plays solos on songs. Rhytmist guitar is the guy who keeps the rhythm.
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Quote by Gessu
Lead guitarist is the guy who plays solos on songs. Rhytmist guitar is the guy who keeps the rhythm.

Well the lead guitarist plays a good part of the song most of the time, usually not just the solo.
The playground of the world
explorer is a rhythm guitar, rhythm guitars get better lows but i play lead
Quote by cainmd

What?
There's no difference between rhythm and lead guitars OR guitarists...only the parts that are writtten and played.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by cainmd

truely one of the funniest things ive ever heard.

guitars are not specific to one or the other. sure some can be more ideal for some things. like a 24 fret guitar might be more appealing to lead metal players but its not like a 24 fret guitar wouldnt be suitable for rhythm either.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
And you know you don't have to copy and paste your signature? You can set it to be there automatically on the control panel.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Ok seriously... Would you like us to tell you how to make a signature...?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by newone88
who gets the hotter girls, the lead or rhythm Guitarist?...(-:

Lead. Definitely.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by Baby Joel
^I'm guessing he's a Metallica fan. :p

TS, no difference, its the player not the guitar.

Am I that predictable? ...
you either play guitar or you don't - your skill level determines whether or not you'll solo much. There have been some pretty simple lead guitar parts written over the years, for example, Neil Young's one-note solo in Cinnamon Girl. Can you imagine a couple of really acoomplished guitarists fighting over gets that one?
Quote by MaddMann274
Am I that predictable? ...

I was actually referring to coinmd, the guy who said that Explorers are rhythm guitars.
Quote by cainmd

That makes no sense.

Lead guitarists play solos and lead sections, as well as rhythm parts.
Rhythm guitarists play the rhythm parts, and sometimes solo.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Baby Joel
I was actually referring to coinmd, the guy who said that Explorers are rhythm guitars.

OK.... Awkward