so, I've got my sweep picking down pretty good now including tapping and sliding while sweeping. But I need some new hand positions and possibly a song or 2 where the solo is playing and it randomly sweep picks but doesn't come back up and or go back down and continues with the solo. It's all practice So if you know any good songs, any genre, any speed, with some decent sweep picks which aren't your general kind of sweep picking, please tell
Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010iOrNzSTE (that isn't me)

the song is This Godless Endeavor by Nevermore. maybe not especially hard as far as arpeggio shapes go, but it's fast and it sounds great
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
heres and exercise i do

E----------------------------7--12--[19/24\19]--12--7---------------------------
B-------------------------8--------------------------------8------------------------
G----------------------9-------------------------------------9----------------------
D-------------4/7--9------------------------------------------9--4\7--------------
A----------5-------------------------------------------------------------5-----------
E-0h3h7------------------------------------------------------------------7p3p0--

the bit in brackets is a right hand tap
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Last edited by Eggmond at Oct 29, 2009,
oo thats quite good Eggmond :P

yeah its a bit obvious thats tap :P
Last edited by Unforgivable at Oct 29, 2009,
if im using it in a solo i usually just use it for getting up the neck so i wont play the descending part il just continue on with something else
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Fermented Offal Discharge solo.
Or any Necrophagist solo in fact.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Listen extensively to Jason Becker, especially When You Wish Upon A Star, which is full of weird sweeps and chromaticisms, and if I could play it, I'd probably have a lot of fun with it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Frank Gambale sweeps a little different to most metal guys, if you look up some of his songs and lessons on youtube often puts economy picked sections in the middle of sweeps, would be pretty good to learn.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join