View poll results: it is
everyone's responsibility
22 59%
naw, living selfishly is just as fine
7 19%
coreysMonster for president!
8 22%
Voters: 37.
Do people within a society have the responsibility to try to contribute and protect society to their best?
Is it wrong to live selfishly from one day to the next (i.e. that brilliant guy who works as a construction worker), or is it one's duty to try to contribute the best they can to society?
Not what your country and do for you, what you can do for you country. -JFK

I believe in that to an extent. I also believe that if you are of no use to a society, you shouldn't do anything.

I think people should contribute as much as they can whenever they can. If they choose not to, that is their choice and let their choice be their choice and only that. How I see the whole situation anyways.
I buy liquor for underage teens.

I contribute to the fun of others. Therefore, I am not selfish.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I think if they want use of the rights that a society gives someone, whatever they may be in accordance to that society, then they should contribute.
We're only strays.
I contribute to society just by being me.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Do people within a society have the responsibility to try to contribute and protect society to their best?
Is it wrong to live selfishly from one day to the next (i.e. that brilliant guy who works as a construction worker), or is it one's duty to try to contribute the best they can to society?

I don't think everyone has a responsibility to try and protect society. That is what law enforcement, government, etc is for. Thats just my opinion though
Quote by SMB13
If by tip, you mean vigorously jack off bulls until I produce a barrel of semen, then yes.

Quote by aixelsydevahi
If you can do it, why not. I give myself handjobs regularly so why not a blowjob. I'd tittyfuck myself if I could.
Has anyone ever been far as decided to u..... wait.. no

edit: I dont get this construction worker thing
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Quote by severed-metal

I believe in that to an extent. I also believe that if you are of no use to a society, you shouldn't do anything.

I think people should contribute as much as they can whenever they can. If they choose not to, that is their choice and let their choice be their choice and only that. How I see the whole situation anyways.

IMO it should be - not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you. If you look at this in a war time perspective, you can fight for your country, and your country can sen you to your death in your return. Veterans are being highly underapreciated and what do you really get back for doing something for your country.
I think your country should make sure that it's worth doing something for, by doing something for you.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
I think if everyone took a second to do a single selfless act daily we could x out half of the taxes we have to pay for gov't systems that don't get the job done and cost way too much to begin with.

I'm an artist, and I work IT. I don't feel like I've cheated society by not pursuing my art, I do feel that taking care of yourself (not relying on welfare, working, buying domestic vehicles if possible) are all things people should do to contribute.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Quote by JY-Rasputin
IMO it should be - not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you. If you look at this in a war time perspective, you can fight for your country, and your country can sen you to your death in your return. Veterans are being highly underapreciated and what do you really get back for doing something for your country.
I think your country should make sure that it's worth doing something for, by doing something for you.

It should go both ways, your country shouldl ead you in the right direction, and then the people should contribute based on direction given... I think you have a good point though.

You gain freedom, everyone gained freedom and rights from those veterans who fought. That seems like a fairly good trade-off, I agree with a lot of veterans being neglected...It's unfair, they did a lot more than any movie star ever did for their country. Wrong values
Construction workers are a vital part of society, not a desirable job but someone has to u know, go out and build the shit the richer more "qualified" people work in.
Quote by TisPyon
Construction workers are a vital part of society, not a desirable job but someone has to u know, go out and build the shit the richer more "qualified" people work in.

but, should a person who is capable of much more than working at a construction site do work that most people can do, or use his unique talents to bring society forward?
Quote by severed-metal

"Don't ask what you can do for your country;
Ask what your country can do for you!
Take no prisoners!" - Dave Mustaine