In my school we have been talking about the Pro's and Con's of legalizing Marijuana.
I for one don't smoke myself but i could see the benefits of legalizing it.

What do you think?

Discuss!
There is already a huuugggge thread on this somewhere.

Found it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Search bar.

Its not just for ignoring.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
The legal system shouls be marijuahanized. That would be intresting.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Obviously yes. I haven't smoked weed since monday. If they sold it in the co-op things would be so much easier!
Nah, although it's not really as harmful to the body when compared to other drugs, the death increase on related accidents due to use of it would most likely spike.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Last edited by soXlittleXtimeX at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by biga29
There is already a huuugggge thread on this somewhere.

Found it.

This.

That one also has a poll.

But on topic, yes.
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Yes marijuana should be legal. It is a natural plant that so far isn't really dangerous.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
Nah, although it's not really harmful to the body compared to other drugs, the death increase on related accidents due to use of it would spike.

I'm reminded of an experiment I read about.

Participants were asked to drive along a test track at 40mph. When they saw a red light on the dash board, they'd brake. It was testing reaction time.

The control (no drink/drugs) had a reaction time that was fine, and took a split second to brake.

The person who'd drunk over the legal limit was much slower.

The person on weed couldn't get the car to go to 40, it already felt wayyy too fast.
All Marijuana Prohibition does is ruin lives. Its an excuse for the government to raid your house, shoot your dogs, take your kids away, freeze your bank accounts, beat you and throw you in jail.

The most dangerous thing about MJ is jailtime.
Yes it should. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a retard who has no idea what they are talking about.

Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
Nah, although it's not really as harmful to the body when compared to other drugs, the death increase on related accidents due to use of it would most likely spike.

DUIs would still be illegal.
Even if usage of marijuana increased it would be offset my a decrease in the use of currently legal drugs like alcohol (economics 101, people still have the same amount of money to spend on recreational drugs)
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Even if usage of marijuana increased it would be offset my a decrease in the use of currently legal drugs like alcohol (economics 101, people still have the same amount of money to spend on recreational drugs)

Plus people could get it from a store, not the whitey-hating gangster in the hood.
Quote by Zombee
Plus people could get it from a store, not the whitey-hating gangster in the hood.

As questionably racist as your point may be, there's a strong point in that.

Drug dealing is the fuel for many crimes. Since lots of gangs are based around selling drugs, if shops sell drugs legally then it takes the monetary incentive away from being a gangster. Less gangs means less violence, stabbing, murder, robbery etc.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
As questionably racist as your point may be, there's a strong point in that.

Drug dealing is the fuel for many crimes. Since lots of gangs are based around selling drugs, if shops sell drugs legally then it takes the monetary incentive away from being a gangster. Less gangs means less violence, stabbing, murder, robbery etc.

There are plenty more drugs than just Marijuana...
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX

Ah yeah, my arguement was for legalizing all drugs. I got it from Ben Elton...
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX

None of them are as widely used as cannabis.
ITT: Many "yes"

seriously this isn't even a question of should it be legalized, it should be When will it be legalized
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX

in denmark we have about 500.000 hash smokers/users out of a population of about 5mio people. The gangs here are making a ton of money and hash is by far the biggest profit they have of all drugs. If Cannabis in general was made legal, they would lose BIG BIG numbers and the state instead would see a huge profit to fund other stuff.

yes gangs are selling lots of other drugs, just here in little Denmark, Hash is the biggest asset they got.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...