So i learnt im yours by jason mraz
the scientist acoustic by coldplay
and a pretty crappy version of viva la vida.
What would you say I should learn next?
(I'm a complete novice)
wow you learn i'm yours! thats hard enough.
try knockin on heavens door-bob dylan and time of your life-green day
pretty easy songs!
How about a good round of PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGOON...or BAD BAD LEROY BROWN.......
You Belong with Me - Taylor Swift.

After you learn that one, you can play a lot of her songs with the same chord progression like D, A, Em, G (just different capo positions). Except Love Story, that's a bit tricky cos of key change.

p.s. Though if you're a guy, you might find yourself cracking up laughing trying to sing her lyrics, which could add some difficulty.
Last edited by Delfius at Nov 3, 2009,
Quote by Delfius

After you learn that one, you can play a lot of her songs with the same chord progression like D, A, Em, G (just different capo positions). Except Love Story, that's a bit tricky cos of key change.

p.s. Though if you're a guy, you might find yourself cracking up laughing trying to sing her lyrics, which could add some difficulty.

Haha I am, nbut it's good practise...that's what i'll tell myself!
nirvanas smells like teen spirit is pretty
not an acoustic song but good for learning power chords
First songs I learned were About A Girl by Nirvana and Wonderwall by Oasis. Pretty easy and most people will know them and sing along at a party.
Closer (Acoustic)-Kings Of Leon
Coconut Skins-Damien Rice
Where There's Gold...-Dashboard Confessional
Long Road-Pearl Jam
Quote by Delfius

pmsl! good suggestion. i love taylor swift .

she only ever uses:

C, Am, G, F, Bm, D, A, D/F#, Em7, Cadd9, G5, Dsus4, Dsus2... & many one or two more.
summer of 69 bryan adams,take it easy(eagles),good riddance time of your life(greenday),wonderwall(oasis),a lot of john denver songs are easy a classic one being take me home country roads its just basically G,D,Em and C. the green fields of france by the fureys is another good one,your beautifull(james blunt),knockin on heavens door(guns n roses),9 crimes(damian rice),the sound of silence(simon and garfunkel) then you've got johnny cash's songs majority of these are based upon E,A and B7 chords like folsom prison blues and all them,hurt is a classic aswell...goodluck
Music...Enough said.

Merci

Such is life.....
use somebody - kings of leon
i have been playing a few weeks now and have managed to pretty much grasp this song in a few days its easy and great as everyone knows it
When you were young - the killers
another easy song and great to sing along to
and its pretty much the same technique as use somebody
Wish you were Here-Pink Floyd
Wonderwall-Oasis
Unintended-Muse
Fake Plastic Trees-Radiohead
Good Riddance (time of your life)-Green Day
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan: