So me and two friends are looking to do a song for an upcoming show at school. I would play guitar, one friend plays drums, and the other sings. We are still looking for a bassist, which shouldn't be too difficult. The hard part is a song to play. I can play anything, but our drummer doesn't do double-bass music so we are looking for a song that is fun to play, has a good guitar part (prefferably with a good solo), and nothing horrible in terms of lyrical content (no drug/alcohol reference). Stylistically along the lines of Rise Against, Yellowcard, or some more alternative bands like that. Unfortunately, they ruled out Metallica.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
So me and two friends are looking to do a song for an upcoming show at school. I would play guitar, one friend plays drums, and the other sings. We are still looking for a bassist, which shouldn't be too difficult. The hard part is a song to play. I can play anything, but our drummer doesn't do double-bass music so we are looking for a song that is fun to play, has a good guitar part (prefferably with a good solo), and nothing horrible in terms of lyrical content (no drug/alcohol reference). Stylistically along the lines of Rise Against, Yellowcard, or some more alternative bands like that. Unfortunately, they ruled out Metallica.

Seems like the "rulers" of your school are biased pricks , i mean its only music , you could be stealing their cars but instead your trying to entertain with music , my schools nearly the same
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
Quote by slashfan189
Seems like the "rulers" of your school are biased pricks , i mean its only music , you could be stealing their cars but instead your trying to entertain with music , my schools nearly the same

You're a moron. The "rulers" you referenced must have come from the bowels of your bored imagination. They are my friends. We set our own regulations. It's called being mature. You should try it.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
The "rulers" you referenced must have come from the bowels of your bored imagination. They are my friends. We set our own regulations. It's called being mature. You should try it.

This part made me laugh. The other part.... not so much.

There is an only setlist sticky though. You should try it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290962

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.