HELL YES! A movie of the first book in the greatest book series ever is coming out next year! For those who does not know about it, it's about a group of Australian teenagers who go on a camping trip, and an invasion takes place while they are away.

There are seven books in the original series, and three more books called The Ellie Chronicles. All ten are awesome, especially the first seven. Written by John Marsden.

THE CAST:

Ellie.

Robyn and Fi.

Lee, Homer, Kevin and Chris.

The cast looks great! I hope I am not alone in awaiting this. Anyone else a huge fan of the books? This is like... my Twilight! I am so excited I can't control myself.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Nope. Don't care.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Everyone should read them! They're awesome. They're told through first person (Ellie) and have everything. Action, humor, drama and tragedy. They're big in Australia, and Sweden where I live, but hasn't been exposed much in all countries which will change with the movie I guess.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
FUCK! YES! I read all these books not too long ago, and I remember thinking that it would be awesome if they made a movie series out of them. I'm off to find more information like release dates etc. This is the most exciting news I've heard all day. Thank you TS!
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
Quote by ManWithoutAHat
FUCK! YES! I read all these books not too long ago, and I remember thinking that it would be awesome if they made a movie series out of them. I'm off to find more information like release dates etc. This is the most exciting news I've heard all day. Thank you TS!

No worries! And for once, they managed to get a cast that looks about exactly as I imagined it in the books!

I can't wait for this.

Never imagined Ellie to be THAT hawt though.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Apparantly yes. Don't think it is broadcasted in Sweden, I have never seen any of them before.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
No worries! And for once, they managed to get a cast that looks about exactly as I imagined it in the books!

I can't wait for this.

Never imagined Ellie to be THAT hawt though.

They did get the cast right, actually. Homer looks a little less dark skinned than he's described in the books, though because he's supposed to be Greek isn't he? Also, I agree Ellie is WAY hotter than I thought she'd be. And Fi isn't quite as hot as she's described. But overall, they're pretty close. Lee looks almost exactly as I'd have thought. I think I'm gonna enjoy this movie even more because I've never seen any of these people in anything else, which gives them the everyman feel to the audience. Or to me anyways.
Wait

wha?

Edit : Where are they going camping, and what gets invaded

for some reason i kept thinking of kids on Normandy beach waking up to shelling
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Last edited by diofan88 at Oct 29, 2009,
They live in Australia, goes camping up in the mountains sort of, and manages to find a secluded place called Hell that will help them in more ways than one.

When they return home, war has arrived. Their families have all been taken away. So it is just seven of them, and they try to avoid being caught/killed by the enemy as well as attempt some guerilla warfare.

What I love most about the books is the characters. They're alive. Hence why I am even more excited for the cast and I hope they act their parts as well as they look them.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by enceps
This sounds A LOT like Red Dawn...

The premise is about the same, but the similarities stop there. The Tomorrow-series have stronger characters, are more realistic... then again Red Dawn is simply a movie, not a series.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
"The cast looks great"
i don't recognize any of them lol
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Neither do I, I was just speaking about how I had imagined their looks in the books... the actors summed up pretty much exactly what went through my head.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I haven't read the books. Probably should, since it has the BEST F*CKING TITLE EVER!

And yes, I am serious, it's a really cool sounding-title.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
All the books have cool titles.

Tomorrow When The War Began
In The Dead Of The Night
The Third Day, The Frost
Darkness, Be My Friend
Burning For Revenge
The Night Is For Hunting
The Other Side Of Dawn

While I Live
Incurable
Circle Of Flight

I need to make a rock opera out of this.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I might have to look into getting the book, if it comes with such high recommendations. Borders has it for $2.00.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Get it. It'll be the best 2 dollars you will ever spend. You'll be wanting the rest after the first though, it is only a sign of things to come.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Yeah, its basically impossible to only read the first book without immediately reading the rest. They're very well written, especially the characters. Still can't quite get over how hot Ellie is, too =\
I went to a bookstore today, they didn't have any of them (the clerk had never heard of it).

I bought the complete Sherlock Holmes anthology instead.

Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by enceps
This sounds A LOT like Red Dawn...

Exactly what I was thinking.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Who is directing?

EDIT: who is that first girl? she looks familiar
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Last edited by speakers at Oct 29, 2009,
I orgasmed when I heard about a Watchmen movie back in late 2007. I know how you feel.
Hottest is the guy in the stripey brown shirt, imo. The girls don't appeal to me that greatly.

Not that that's pivotal to my opinion of the movie/books. I think that this would be an awesome movie. I hope to not be disappointed.
Mad. The book is sick I remember reading it years and years ago. Looking forward to the movie. Hopefully the cast doesn't disappoint; there's just something I don't like about hearing Australian accents in films. It just doesn't sound right.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

I have a lot of hope for this.

It will be the directed by Stuart Beattie. He's a screenwriter, he's done the Pirate Of The Carribean movies, Australia and Collateral among others.
Quote by Ichikurosaki