Pursuing words and
Following after speech.
Learn the backward
Step that turns
Your light inward
To illuminate within.
Body and mind of themselves
Will drop away
And your original face will be manifest.
it looked rather spermish.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
it's a koan...a sort of question to make you ponder a sort of unanswerable universal truth.

this particular koan is a reflection on the impermanent, empty nature of life and self. your "original face" is your "self" and it's most pure and true form.

something along those lines
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
bright octarine
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by mental_zer0
Cease practice based
On intellectual understanding,
Pursuing words and
Following after speech.
Learn the backward
Step that turns
Your light inward
To illuminate within.
Body and mind of themselves
Will drop away
And your original face will be manifest.

That sounds like a Damiera song off of M(us)ic. I don't remember the song title though.

EDIT:
Ok, I guess it isn't. They happen to dwell on the themes of enlightenment and knowledge, so it wasn't too far-fetched at the moment.
But just listen to any pre-Loud Hands, Quiet Mouths Damiera song and sing along using that koan.
Last edited by huevos at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by genghisgandhi
you didnt close this?

It's a legit question, just, a weird one.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
See...before my parents were born, my father had no testicles, nor was my mother able to produce. That being said, technically, I didn't even exist. No energy had been put into making me - sperm or otherwise - so there was no output...no me.

My face simply didn't exist.
A just question my liege.

Late is the hour when this conjurer choses to appear.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
How is this "trolling"? Why don't you take a second, try to think outside the context of your boring internet life, and reflect on the question?
Quote by Arthur Curry
How is this "trolling"? Why don't you take a second, try to think outside the context of your boring internet life, and reflect on the question?

I did think on it, and I'm proud of my answer.

I don't see this as trolling...I see it as a fun thread.
Quote by Eggmond
bright octarine

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I think this is a dumb question that's supposed to be in the vein of "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around..." what did my face look like? can't look like anything if it hasn't been created yet... maybe a mind**** about looking at things or the past/present, but it's not good enough... philosophical fail