Well Well!

Here is another go at some prog, this time a little mellow acoustic piece with ofcourse weird time signatures and weird progressions. Turned out pretty good IMO!

One or two disjoined bits, but that's basically it I think..

Would love some critique on this one!!!

Enjoy!

:EDIT:
Does anyone else not see attachments, while I actually added them?
It says they're "In Progress..."... Let's wait then.

:KOENDEDIT:
They're here!
Attachments:
orionclean.mid
orionclean.gp4
orionclean.gp5
Last edited by KoenDercksen at Oct 29, 2009,
Hey dude

I thought it was good - really pretty sounding, the time sigs dont distract from the overall song which is good. I'm not a huge fan of the run in bar 17 though, seems a little forced.

Is it an instrumental or do you plan to have vocals over the top? It could work both ways, however if an instrumental I think it could benefit by just beefing up the sound a bit with some bass and perhaps some light strings and such. They could help it climax more by just having a bit more of a wall of sound - it would bring about more obvious tension and release.

Overall I thought it was good, never got boring and had some interesting melodies. Would like to hear the finish product recorded .

If you have time could you crit mine (in sig) - It also has a few time changes in it etc.
cheers for the crit, seems a bit weird the time sigs, it could be a problem when coming to add vocals or if you ever choose to add any other instrument, the chord changes seem quite original, i like the change at bar 31 it kinda moves the song in another direction, it could maybe do with restructuring a bit : intro, verse, chorus etc...
i like the arpeggio(at least i think that's what there called) in the intro but could do with changing after maybe try some sycronised notes (playing two stings at he same time)
Check out and rate my songs in my profile if you have a moment to spare
All my Songs are Rock Influenced
Thanks for your crit first.

Pretty nice tune. While I listened to it I thought it was screaming for some piano work. I don't know why but some piano melody popped into my head instantly. Have you considered adding a piano?
The piece itself has a nice progression and I liked the originality. I have to agree with Bloodsick, a baseline would really help. The way it is right now, it sounds a little thin, I thoght.
i listend to the 1st midi attachment. cool sound. i think on real keys it would be great. good playing if you will. nice melody. i think this could be a good intermental if you added drums/bass ect. good stuff man. i like it. nice and short and doesetn drag on.

thanks for the crit.