Page 1 of 2
Yay you discovered a paradox, a phenomena that the Greeks discovered before Jesus Christ was born, way over 2000 years ago. Congrats!
Quote by Colgate Total
There is no sentence.

Exactly! There is no punctuation, therefore it is not a sentence.
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
no full stop, so its a statement not a sentance *smug bastard*
Quote by JimmyBanks6
this man is of knowledge

Woo someone said i was smart, how silly
Every possible outcome for this thread already exist. Using the multiverse concept, that sentence could and is true in a parallel reality.

Using the Anthropic principle, it only appears a lie because of our role as observers.

You want a juicy paradox, look into time travel. Every damn theory has one.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Yo, dude, I heard you like paradoxes so I got you a paradox to go inside your paradox so you can paradoxical next time you're in a paradox.
Quote by gizmodious
Every possible outcome for this thread already exist. Using the multiverse concept, that sentence could and is true in a parallel reality.

Using the Anthropic principle, it only appears a lie because of our role as observers.

Thats like an inverse backwards anti paradox sir.
Quote by gizmodious

I love this concept. Just think, in some universe, somewhere, I've just been hit by a parachuting hippopotamus smoking a bong.
Quote by ChangeMyName
grimms is no person with no punk-tuation

Grimms is your dad!
If there is an exception to every rule, then every rule must have at least one exception; the exception to this one being that it has no exception. There's always an exception to the rule, except to the exception of the rule — which is, in of itself, an accepted exception of the rule
The answer cannot be found in the writing of others, or the words of a trained mind.
Fail thread.
Quote by Erik_Aero
The sentence below is true

the sentence above is false

Liar's Paradox. Nice.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by JDbbx
I love this concept. Just think, in some universe, somewhere, I've just been hit by a parachuting hippopotamus smoking a bong.

Believe it or not, applying this theory makes a unified theory of the universe much more plausible than the current laws of physics. Some theoretical physicist even believe that by thinking about the hippopotamus it came into existence, thus creating a tagent reality where you were indeed hit. Think about it; every movie you've seen and every thing you've ever fantasized about exist. 'Shifting' through those realities, now that would be cool.

Thing is, by shifting to them you'd remove yourself from the primary existence, and thus you would have never dreamed those tangents into existence in the first place. Now thats a paradox!

Quote by ChangeMyName
Thats like an inverse backwards anti paradox sir.

Its ****ed is what it is. I'm utterly obsessed with this stuff right now, and all thinking in this realm contradicts itself. All answers open more questions. Nothing can possibly be right, because as observers our opinion is relative to our ability to perceive.

Our theoretical laws only apply to things we can observe, and the universe has proved time and again that we simply can't see a large fraction of what occurs.

Page 1 of 2