You got to put the Feeling into your playing. Really Pretend like you are in the sky and just play..... if your angry, play aggresive.
if your happy play cool
well if i cant advance my blues than how the hell am i suppose to play that lol
that seems like a really simple lesson designed to get you familiar with the fretboard a bit. If it seems boring, it's cuz he played about 3 or 4 different licks with almost identical phrasing the entire time. Check some of his other lessons or some other players.

also, he's playing nothing but notes from the pentatonic scale. Throw some passing tones in there. Learn some other scales besides the one that he's playing. Vary your phrasing a bit too. His notes are all the exact same length, at the same rhythm.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Last edited by psychokiller99 at Oct 29, 2009,
practice a lot and find every exercise you can from any legit guitar related genre. i practiced everyday for about 3 years, spent almost all my time on exercises instead of learning songs that i wasn't musically into (ie blues/ classic rock) and now i can do that solo (no that wasnt me, i don't have a vid camera ). but yeah, if you dedicate yourself to exercises and try experimenting with song sections that you think sound cool (not an entire song) you can grow pretty quickly, and get out of a boring level of playing. only problem is you have to make sure to be strict with your practice by playing with metronomes and in time with the musical piece. Also, listening to new music can kind of inspire you and give you ideas of how to improve you playing style to make it less boring. ie: i listened to a lot of buckethead and started trying to learn some of his techniques, even though most of them are way to advanced to master i still learned and developed some ways of spicing up my playing

TLDR: go play something different and just try and learn from it, but don't kill yourself trying to learn how to sweep pick overnight
Quote by psychokiller99
that seems like a really simple lesson designed to get you familiar with the fretboard a bit. If it seems boring, it's cuz he played about 3 or 4 different licks with almost identical phrasing the entire time. Check some of his other lessons or some other players.

also, he's playing nothing but notes from the pentatonic scale. Throw some passing tones in there. Learn some other scales besides the one that he's playing. Vary your phrasing a bit too. His notes are all the exact same length, at the same rhythm.

thats the problem...if i do what you said I lose timing and i just fall apart.
Try singing a solo, then try playing it on your guitar. That way your using your mind not letting your fingers choose the notes, and you'll probably find your phrasing improves, as you have to pause for breath when you're singing.
Try missing one or two of the notes and holding the note before it longer, try some nice slow vibrato.
Also nice long bends between phrases will add some colour to your solos
use more scales and some bends, hammer ons pull offs stuff like that
What you want to do is: Learn what YOU want to play - and learn the stuff that relates to that genre.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
...i just knocked over my guitar hitting the lights so i could see, to respond. (good thing i dont play a les paul the headstock woulda came right off! lmao, ...yea still in tune. nice.)

onto the matter LEARN YOUR MODES!

this link has a really helpful tool to well HELP teach your modes.

http://www.mearstech.com/ModeMaster_com/default.htm

spend alot of time on that site.