Can you be endorsed by two guitar companies at the same time? I play both Ibanez and ESP guitars (as my sig says). If i were to try and become endorsed by both companies, would it be possible? They don't check other artist rosters of other companies do they?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
joe satriani is endorsed by ibanez, peavey,vox, planet waves,dimarzio and CAD so yes you can be endorsed by multiple companies but each one of the above companies endorses a different product group-guitar, amp,pedals, accesories,pickups and microphones.

you need to be able to promote the companies product to become a endorser, which means having a high profile image for the target market, which means getting noticed and having a fan base of a couple of million people....
Quote by ibanezgod1973
joe satriani is endorsed by ibanez, peavey,vox, planet waves,dimarzio and CAD so yes you can be endorsed by multiple companies but each one of the above companies endorses a different product group-guitar, amp,pedals, accesories,pickups and microphones.

you need to be able to promote the companies product to become a endorser, which means having a high profile image for the target market, which means getting noticed and having a fan base of a couple of million people....

im talking about multiple guitar companies. each company he is endorsed by is for a different piece of gear, ie. guitar, cab, head, picks, pickups, etc.

also, your fan base doesn't have to be a couple million people, i know someone endorsed by dean (i dont like dean) but he doesn't have anywhere near a million+ fans

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Last edited by SPBY at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by SPBY
im talking about multiple guitar companies. each company he is endorsed by is for a different piece of gear, ie. guitar, cab, head, picks, pickups, etc.

also, your fan base doesn't have to be a couple million people, i know someone endorsed by dean (i dont like dean) but he doesn't have anywhere near a million+ fans

i was speaking figuratively.

i don`t think any major company will endorse someone operating for a rival company like the way you suggest, but you still need to promote the brand you are endorsed by, most endorsed players will play other brands i`ve seen satch playing dean`s, hagstroms, gibsons, and fenders...but he`s not endorsing them.

and if you want to get endorsed by ibanez good luck, read the FAQ on the ibanez website.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Oct 29, 2009,
Well considering normally being endorsed means being under contract with the company my assumption is that said contract would include a clause saying you couldn't endorse a competitor. So I'm gonna say no.
you could just get endoresed by one get loads of free gear then leave and join the other

if they both like you
Quote by ibanezgod1973
i was speaking figuratively.

i don`t think any major company will endorse someone operating for a rival company like the way you suggest, but you still need to promote the brand you are endorsed by, most endorsed players will play other brands i`ve seen satch playing dean`s, hagstroms, gibsons, and fenders...but he`s not endorsing them.

and if you want to get endorsed by ibanez good luck, read the FAQ on the ibanez website.

i read the FAQ on their endorsements. Well thanks for the input

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
No. You can be, for example, endorsed by Gibson guitars and Peavey amplifiers, but not Gibson guitars and Fender guitars. Not to say you have to constantly play one type of guitar(Though if you endorse someone, odds are you'll want to anyway), but you're not allowed to promote guitars for other brands.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by Tedis1111
you could just get endoresed by one get loads of free gear then leave and join the other

if they both like you

Such a dick move on your behalf

And yes it's certainly possible. Just look at Kiko Loureiro he is endorsed and has signature guitars by both ESP and Tagima so it's certainly possible but lets be honest he has quite a decent fan base so he was probably able to pull it off with great conviction, as for you ts you should start getting your chops up and building a name for yourself before even thinking of getting endorsed.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Such a dick move on your behalf

And yes it's certainly possible. Just look at Kiko Loureiro he is endorsed and has signature guitars by both ESP and Tagima so it's certainly possible but lets be honest he has quite a decent fan base so he was probably able to pull it off with great conviction, as for you ts you should start getting your chops up and building a name for yourself before even thinking of getting endorsed.

yeah lol well lots of people do move like trivium for example but its still a dick move
Last edited by Tedis1111 at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by Tedis1111
yeah lol well lots of people do move like trivium for example

Meh still a dick move to do if all you want is free gear.

Quote by SPBY
Can you be endorsed by two guitar companies at the same time? I play both Ibanez and ESP guitars (as my sig says). If i were to try and become endorsed by both companies, would it be possible? They don't check other artist rosters of other companies do they?

Don't know how I missed this but usually you'll send some sort of promo package to whoever you want to get endorsed by and this would usually contain some info as to who else you are endorsed by.
I think individually no, but a band with more than one guitarist can be endorsed by more than one guitar company.

Just because you get an endorsement doesn't mean free equipment/guitars usually you just get a very good discount but you have to buy directly from the company. My nephews band is endorsed by a couple of companies one of the bands I belonged to had an endorsement by one of the big manufacturers and we had to pay for our Guitars. I am friendly with a few big name bands here in Boston and they told me even though they were national acts they paid for equipment as well. A small few bands and they have to be huge before a company will toss you free stuff.

John
You can be endorsed by one company and still play guitars of the other, but cannot be endorsed by both. Also if you are getting PAID for your endorsement chances are there will be a clause meaning you can ONLY play that brand of guitar or risk a breach of contract and get your ass sued

Quote by Tedis1111
yeah lol well lots of people do move like trivium for example but its still a dick move

Trivium moved from Jackson and Gibson to Dean because they made friendships with Rita Haney and they got an easy endorsement and sig deal as well as more money, which they wouldn't have got with the the original companies. They then moved back from Dean when they realised that the custom shop guitars they had were shoddy made pieces of crap and broke. Those seem like relatively fair reasons to me
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Last edited by Dopey_Trout at Oct 30, 2009,
It is highly unlikely that a performer could be endorsed by two guitar companies at once; particularly if the endorsement deal involves the production of a signature model instrument. Endorsement deals are quid pro quo contracts that usually require the endorser to neither play nor be photographed playing any other instrument in public. The idea is to associate a specific performer (You) with the manufacturer. If that performer is associated with more than one manufacturer, the value of the endorsement to the company diminishes. As a legally binding contract, there would be serious repercussions for a performer who signed a second endorsement deal that violated either the letter or the spirit of the first one (read: huge lawsuit).

Of course, if you are a guitar god like Steve Vai, you could probably convince manufacturers to let you endorse more than one guitar. Vai has said in interviews that he has been working with Carvin on a Steve Vai model guitar. He did not say he was severing his contract with Ibanez. His JEM series guitars have done so well over the years that Ibanez probably feels comfortable letting him put his name on another guitar.
That's the nice thing about the JEM. It doesn't really have Steve Vai's name on it (save that horrible Jem 555) so Ibanez could continue making it even if Vai started playing something else.

God save the kittens if Paul Gilbert moves on before I get one of his sigs. Lord knows I wanna skin John Petrucci - he had such a nice sig with Ibanez. I like his new one with EB, it plays quite nicely, but it's awfully expensive and pretty uninteresting.

To speak to the TS' question though: Of course not.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I hear that Ibanez is pretty strict about it. I heard that Paul Gilbert wanted to play a Les Paul but he couldn't because of his contract, so he had to get Ibanez to make one for him.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I hear that Ibanez is pretty strict about it. I heard that Paul Gilbert wanted to play a Les Paul but he couldn't because of his contract, so he had to get Ibanez to make one for him.

Wait, when has he played a custom Ibanez Les Paul? I've always seen him playing one of the PGM's, his old red RG, or his semihollow.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by necrosis1193
Wait, when has he played a custom Ibanez Les Paul? I've always seen him playing one of the PGM's, his old red RG, or his semihollow.
He can be seen on occasion playing old lawsuit-era Ibanez's. Primarily SG and LP customs.

Here's Gilbert with his Ibanez SG.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Last edited by ch0 at Oct 30, 2009,