I believe for Christmas this year I'm gonna get the new Peavey 6505+ 112 combo, I've heard 6505's have amazing gain for metal and since metal's basically all I play I'm figuring it'll be great for me, only thing I'm worried about, it has one Sheffield speaker and 60 tube watts, would this be enough to gig with or at the least keep up with a drummer? I'm guessing it probably will but I just wanna make sure

Thanks

If it matters the tubes it has are 5 12AX7's and 2 6L6GC's
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
yes. 60 tube watts is more than enough to keep up with a drummer and gig unless your playing in a stadium or arena.
def. enough...I would still mic it though and keep the volumes lower you will be able to hear yourself better through the monitors
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
absolutely. 60 watts is crazy power for tube amps.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
alright thanks, cant wait to get this amp ;D will it sound exactly like the 6505 heads that are like 1000 dollars?
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Quote by wolfeman85
alright thanks, cant wait to get this amp ;D will it sound exactly like the 6505 heads that are like 1000 dollars?

Combos tend to not sound exactly like their head/cab counterparts. The cab can make a big difference in sound, i.e, a 2x12 closed back cab will sound different than a 2x12 open back combo. And speakers also influence the sound.

And no. A $600 combo will not sound exactly like a $1000 head. Just not happening. Otherwise, what's the point in selling the $1000 head?
Last edited by Seref at Oct 29, 2009,
The combo won't sound exactly like the head.

The head is 120 watts, the combo is 60 - right there you are losing a significant amount of headroom. You will notice tube saturation much sooner in the combo than you will in the head version.

Plus the combo is open back so you won't have as tight of bass response as you would with playing the head through a closed back cab.

Also, Peavey speakers aren't very good - I'd suggest looking into a speaker swap somewhere down the road or look into getting a 2x12 to plug into the speaker outs.
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Oct 29, 2009,