I had 2 pickups installed (Duncan JB in the bridge and Duncan 59 in the neck) and just picked my guitar up from the place on my way home from school. I got home, plugged it in and started playing. Everything was awesome (sounds ****ing amazing actually!). and after playing for like a half hour, i switched from my neck pickup to my bridge, but no sound. Nothign came from that pickup, but the neck one still worked. But whats wierd is that when i turn the volume down to about 7ish, i can here some sound coming through the amp, but it is very very soft, can barely here it. I didnt drop it, pull out the plug while i was playing, or anything. anyone know what happened/ what i can do?

btw, i got them installed at guitar center, the guy there is legit from my passed experience and others'
ok, remove the pup from the guitar and test it with an ohm meter. if it reads something around 10k-14k it's good. If it reads something ridiculous like 300k or w/e, or doesn't read at all, it's bad.
Quote by MarkHirsch91
I had 2 pickups installed (Duncan JB in the bridge and Duncan 59 in the neck) and just picked my guitar up from the place on my way home from school. I got home, plugged it in and started playing. Everything was awesome (sounds ****ing amazing actually!). and after playing for like a half hour, i switched from my neck pickup to my bridge, but no sound. Nothign came from that pickup, but the neck one still worked. But whats wierd is that when i turn the volume down to about 7ish, i can here some sound coming through the amp, but it is very very soft, can barely here it. I didnt drop it, pull out the plug while i was playing, or anything. anyone know what happened/ what i can do?

btw, i got them installed at guitar center, the guy there is legit from my passed experience and others'
take it back? any problem should be dealt with though them. if you go mucking around inside, they won't make good on anything. even if it was their fault to begin with.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Invader Jim
no idea. could be as simple as a bad pot or bad solder joint, could be a dead pup. pups rarely just quit, though.

i know thats what freaked me out.