Poll: Is being woken up early in the morning to hear that someone loves you a good thing?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is being woken up early in the morning to hear that someone loves you a good thing?
Yeah it is
132 46%
No it isn't
124 43%
Undecided
30 10%
Voters: 286.
Page 1 of 3
Yes, this is a thread containing a small amount of unnecessary and uninteresting drama but bare with.

Someone set their facebook status as:

Name I want a boy who would wrestle with me, who would show me off to his friends, who treats me with respect, who would call at 4 in the morning to tell me he can’t stop thinking about me, who would sing to me even if he can’t, who could break my heart, but wouldn’t dream of it.

Name being their name as I removed it.

Alas though! Four people agreed that this was generally good. I was the only one who disagreed.

Why the fuck would you like a boy who called call at four in the morning to tell you he can't top thinking about you? That would piss me off.

You're sleeping soundly after a day of working hard just to be woken up by someone to say 'I can't stop thinking about you'. Your sound sleep is broken and you're even further deprived of much needed sleep.

That is not a positive attribute for a partner. In fact, it's borderline harassment.

However, I was out numbered 5 to 1 on this.

I raise the question, do you believe that people ringing you up in the morning to express love to you is a good thing? Poll coming.
No, it would annoy the shit out of me.

Can't you just tell me that you love me at a reasonable hour?
I thought you meant early as in 7am, and by someone lying next to you. 4am via phone would just annoy me.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Define morning. If my GF would call me at 6 a.m. to get me up in the morning, I would probably consider it a good thing

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by Craigo
Yes, this is a thread containing a small amount of unnecessary and uninteresting drama but bare with.

Someone set their facebook status as:

Name being their name as I removed it.

Alas though! Four people agreed that this was generally good. I was the only one who disagreed.

Why the fuck would you like a boy who called call at four in the morning to tell you he can't top thinking about you? That would piss me off.

You're sleeping soundly after a day of working hard just to be woken up by someone to say 'I can't stop thinking about you'. Your sound sleep is broken and you're even further deprived of much needed sleep.

That is not a positive attribute for a partner. In fact, it's borderline harassment.

However, I was out numbered 5 to 1 on this.

I raise the question, do you believe that people ringing you up in the morning to express love to you is a good thing? Poll coming.

I barely sleep, and occasionally ring my girlfriend at unholy hours, but jut for my amusement, not to tell her anything.
So I wouldn't mind someone ringing me at that time, but can see why some people might.
Then again can't you get right back to sleep after being awoken like that?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Occasionally, it would be nice. but not when I've been under-rested for the past week, or need to rest up for the day ahead.

And if it wasn't every single day.

And it wasn't some random kid.
I would break up with her on the spot. Early mornings just ain't my thang.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
People (girls) who write such quotes on facebook thinking it's cute seem to not notice the fact that if anyone actually carried out those tasks, it would be most stalkerish and just plain weird.

Conclusion: Theoretical teenage love =/= Real teenage love

Besides, if you REALLY loved someone that much, you'd know better than to wake them up at 4am.
I don't sleep much so it wouldn't bother me.
But I wouldn't call a girl at 4 a.m. just because they're confusing creatures
it would really, really depend on who they were and how well I knew them

if I barely knew them - restraining order

if I know them well and/or have feelings for them - my reaction might be more positive

but seriously? 4 am?

I don't get teenagers, I'm glad I'm not one anymore
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I barely sleep, and occasionally ring my girlfriend at unholy hours, but jut for my amusement, not to tell her anything.
So I wouldn't mind someone ringing me at that time, but can see why some people might.
Then again can't you get right back to sleep after being awoken like that?

But yeah. It has happened to me before but it's just so unnecessary.
"hurr, we are teenagers and we r so in looooove we r gonna b 2geter 4ever durr"
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
4 in the morning? I'd probably take away her phone privileges and disconnect the kitchen phone.

<_<
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
It depends on the situation and the people...
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
I would've liked it. Sounds like fun, Although, she better keeps me interested, I didn't wake up at 4 a.m. to hear "I love you" and the go to sleep again.

Quote by valdean

Edit just to Lol at that.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Last edited by KrlzGmz at Oct 29, 2009,
These days I don't go to bed until around 4 anyway, so I'd be fine with it

If, however, someone were to call around 8-9, that would be a different matter. Just once or twice, I could get past it. Any more than that, and it would really start to piss me off. If she were that clingy, I'd tell her to send a text telling me so instead
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by Karvid
4 in the morning? I'd probably take away her phone privileges and disconnect the kitchen phone.

<_<

If I wake up at 4am it's to take a leak. And no I'm not calling you to tell you about it. If you wake up at 4am and call me to tell me you love me you better have the wrong number. Cause if you don't I'll be at your door at 4:30 to kick your ass for waking me up.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by StringAssassin
I don't sleep much so it wouldn't bother me.
But I wouldn't call a girl at 4 a.m. just because they're confusing creatures

Same here. That's why it would make me incredibly angry to give up what sleep I am having for someone to tell me something I couldn't care less about at 4 AM.
Well, I know that my girlfriend would be very grumpy to have that phone call; I'd be a bit more indifferent I suppose. Actually no, because I leave my phone on charge on the other side of my room, so I'd have to get up and walk to find it. So, yeah, I'd be annoyed.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Jaymz_515
I thought you meant early as in 7am, and by someone lying next to you. 4am via phone would just annoy me.

Must admit, this is what I thought at first too;
But 4AM, via phone..
I've just finally gone to sleep, generally (Insomnia, not because I'm "Teh Br00talz" with my sleeping pattern), so if you decide to call me at this hour, I will actually abuse you.
I don't have a problem with it. It's happened a couple times and it never bothered me. It was acually really reassuring to be honest.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
that is psycho. i generally dont allow that to happen. i dont answer phonecalls after im asleep.

psycho obsessive = unattractive
"Art is the proper task of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)

Quote by Jackal58
If I wake up at 4am it's to take a leak. And no I'm not calling you to tell you about it. If you wake up at 4am and call me to tell me you love me you better have the wrong number. Cause if you don't I'll be at your door at 4:30 to kick your ass for waking me up.

...*is tempted to ring Jackal at 4am*
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Back in the day, i used to get called by drunk people at 4am.
I started switching my phone off at night.
well my brain doesnt start working untill like 11 am so i would just be like k that nice love you too bye back to sleep

Edit:^^ that

i once got a call from a girl saying why did i sleep with another girl and i broke her heart =/ she didnt get it in her head she had the wrong number

and i kinda with it was true i havnt got laid in ages
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Last edited by ryand111 at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by AcdcKicksAss
I want my vote back

yeah sucks for those who voted "Undecided" are now decided with their decision.

YOU WILL BE UNDECIDED FOREVER !
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
...*is tempted to ring Jackal at 4am*

We could both start watching "The Prestige"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
can i join in watching?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
This could be good or bad depending on how you sleep, really. Like, I wouldn't mind it at all because one, after being woken up I can get back to sleep real easily, and two, because I doubt I'd remember it anyway. I'd probably just mumble or speak nonsense at them and then go back to sleep.

*Ring ring*
Me: Hello?
Hot chick: Hey, I can't stop thinking about you!
Me: Mmmm yeah, uh huh, T's coming short A. Over and out. *click*
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by sashki
People (girls) who write such quotes on facebook thinking it's cute seem to not notice the fact that if anyone actually carried out those tasks, it would be most stalkerish and just plain weird.

this

Quote by valdean

this
Quote by Karvid
disconnect the kitchen phone.
<_<

and this
I send my GF txts at 4 AM if I'm awake, to tell her I'm thinking about her and that I miss her. She then responds when she wakes up hours later, and tells me how nice it is.

Phone calls? Hello no.

Txts? Hell yes.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Page 1 of 3