Page 1 of 2
I had a boss rv-5 the way i had it dialed in the effect was very subtle i don't even use reverb anymore. anyone else quit using reverb. its possible with a different reverb i could start using it again.
Last edited by midevilhalberd at Oct 29, 2009,
i use it but only if its built in. i wouldnt get a pedal for that, and if i really wanted one, i would get a delay instead
Quote by midevilhalberd
I had a boss rv-5 the way i had it dialed in the effect was very subtle i don't even use reverb anymore. anyone else quit using reverb. its possible with a different reverb i could start using it again.

I was getting to the point of not using my Nano Holy Grail much.......Then i picked up a T-Rex tonebug Reverb and i'm Loving it!! The Spring setting is Perfect!
I haven't used reverb for maybe five years since I got rid of my Cube. I just got a reverb pedal a couple of weeks ago, but I use it very rarely. It's a nice effect but I just never use it in an "always on" fashion like some people do.
Quote by joe_k
bloody oaf. spices up the old dull guitar with a trail. but i now i have to buy a pedal seeing as my new matchless doesnt have reverb.

My Budda is the same way NO Verb.........I went Thru 3 pedals be for i hit on the ToneBug Reverb. it's worth every Cent.
Quote by mmjohn
I was getting to the point of not using my Nano Holy Grail much.......Then i picked up a T-Rex tonebug Reverb and i'm Loving it!! The Spring setting is Perfect!

i tried the nano grail and it left alot to be desired. i am really close to ordering the tonebug reverb seeing as the exchange rate is so good. every time i hear you talk about yours i have to force myself to put down my wallet.
Quote by mmjohn
My Budda is the same way NO Verb.........I went Thru 3 pedals be for i hit on the ToneBug Reverb. it's worth every Cent.

god damn it i'm off to order it now. damn my fickleness.

Edit: does anyone know a site where i could get it shipped to australia other then proguitarshop.
Last edited by joe_k at Oct 29, 2009,
I only use a little bit, just enough that my tone isnt too atificial.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I prefer a dry signal usually, but some reverb for some black metal and maybe some delay for leads sounds cool. Reverb isn't mean't to be very pronounced I don't think. Its more like a subtle sweetening, maybes things sound epic. Go to church and tell me that reverb doesn't do much. Part of the reason most people feel so damn sacred at church is the delay.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
ive always been a big reverb fan, and i have tried countless types. i can conclude that the fender blackface amps have the best, and now that i have a twin it makes everything sound much better
I play surf. That's all you need to know hahaha
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Reverb=awesome

Solos always sound better with a bit of reverb
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
I play through a Twin Reverb Reissue and use a L6 Verbzilla. They're both on more then half the time I play.
i always use a little bit of reverb, gives a little fuller sound.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
cranking the 'verb on my AX2 sounds like Jesus had a baby with Megan Fox.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
I've got an actual spring reverb but I don't really use it because I don't have enough cables. If I did use it, it'd either subtle or, on rare occasions, dialed up to full, probably with a load of delay as well.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I used to use it almost exclusively, but now my amp has no effects loop, I have gotten out of the habit. Now I use it only for really huge, ambient sounds.
Reverb makes everything sound better.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by JayLacelle
ive always been a big reverb fan, and i have tried countless types. i can conclude that the fender blackface amps have the best, and now that i have a twin it makes everything sound much better

Personally I think the Silverface reverb is better. The Blackfaces sound better in general but I think the reverb is overrated compared to the SFs. It just sounds so much fuller/more realistic to my ears and I know a lot of people who feel the same.

I don't use reverb unless I'm playing at home, and even then, it's a tiny bit that you can barely hear. I've just never been interested in reverb and a loud/decent amp in a medium sized room more than makes up for the lack of it IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I just listened to quite a few verbs on Youtube and man does the T-Rex Tonebug sound sweet and juicy. That is now the next pedal on the list!
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
I'm researching how to make a little itty bitty digital reverb unit to build into my Randall's Blackface module...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I keep the spring reverb on my amp on all the time, at fairly high settings. Playing with no reverb just sounds so thin.

Quote by gregs1020
And tremolo...

Wish I had an amp with tremolo... Pedals just aren't the same.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Oct 30, 2009,
I really don't use reverb right now. I don't have enough cables to run my FX loop, and my onboard reverb is lame.

I just don't really need it anyway. A little vibrato goes a long way in making up for what reverb adds.
Quote by joe_k
god damn it i'm off to order it now. damn my fickleness.

Edit: does anyone know a site where i could get it shipped to australia other then proguitarshop.

Your Gonna love it!
i have to confess, i'm a bit of a reverb snob. i have to have a great, GREAT, natural sounding reverb, and i finally found it in the t-rex roommate. it's wired into everything except my most br00talest setting (which i want extra tight and punchy).
My current amp doesn't have reverb, so I run my rig in a stereo setup with my Digitech flanger. One side goes to my EQ pedal, and from there to my amp, and the other goes directly to a small practice amp that, although it can get loud, just isn't very good. I keep it turned up JUST enough so that the reverb comes through, but not so much that it becomes the majority of my sound.
Of course, for recording, I just mic my normal amp and add some reverb in Pro Tools.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by midevilhalberd

Yah know. I could take that RV-5 off your hands for ya there buddy. I've been wanting to get one of those.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

You know music is like 100% sound right?

Affordable prices on Logo designs and band merch. PM me for details.

Obligatory band link \/
www.myspace.com/resetred
Quote by joe_k
i tried the nano grail and it left alot to be desired. i am really close to ordering the tonebug reverb seeing as the exchange rate is so good. every time i hear you talk about yours i have to force myself to put down my wallet.

Check out the Makko spring reverb pedal, I can't remember what it's called. But it has a big **** or some would call rooster on it. It's the best reverb pedal I have heard for spring at least because it's the only setting it has. They have an excellent demo on proguitarshop.com. Not that all of their demos aren't excellent. I believe it costs $150.00. But to stay on topic, I use it on a few songs.
Last edited by lmihay at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I can't stand a dry tone - I have to a little bit of reverb.

+184763
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by GrisKy
i have to confess, i'm a bit of a reverb snob. i have to have a great, GREAT, natural sounding reverb, and i finally found it in the t-rex roommate. it's wired into everything except my most br00talest setting (which i want extra tight and punchy).

Even though I don't use reverb, my guitar teacher got one of those and it just sounds incredible. Extremely natural sounding and probably the best reverb I've ever heard come out of a pedal.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

oh yeah! the pricetag scared me at first, but after the first time i plugged it in i knew it was the one for me... few times has my tone-seeking ways paid off so perfectly.
Quote by ze monsta
^Malekko Spring Chicken. It's discontinued.

I use so much reverb I can play one note and it will last for a month.
It's more fun that way.

Man, I was going to get one of those. What was I thinking Makko, I can't even spell.
Quote by lmihay
Man, I was going to get one of those. What was I thinking Makko, I can't even spell.

They're only discontinued temporarily. They should be availabe again soon and some places still have a few in stock.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Page 1 of 2