Poll: Which pick type is better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which pick type is better?
Tortex
30 63%
Jazz III
18 38%
Voters: 48.
Dunlop Tortex, or Dunlop Jazz III? Which do you you think is best for fast picking and strumming? Which do you think is best for precision picking and accuracy? Which pick type do you think is overall better and why?
i would say the jazz lll as i use tortex and they keep slipping in my fingers so i'm going to get jazz lll as i hear they're more gripier
I hate these pick threads.

Honestly, picks aren't expensive. Buy one of both and try for yourself.
Some people like picks stiff and small, some people like thin and big. The pick itself has nothing to do with how well you can play.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by sk8nalmost1394
Personal preference.

Yeah... that's the whole point of the thread... the title is "Which picks do YOU think are better?"

As in, what is YOUR personal preference?
Have to vote Tortex, since I've never used a Jazz III.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
i used jazz III to work on my alt-picking, then used tortex full-time after that
Morris Les Paul copy
Jackson DKXT Dinky
Seagull Acoustic

Roland Cube 15
Line 6 spider IV 75
Quote by dsan224
Yeah... that's the whole point of the thread... the title is "Which picks do YOU think are better?"

As in, what is YOUR personal preference?

Doesnt that technically make this a Vs. thread? WHICH, is against the rules. Im not going to report you but i know im not the only one who finds these threads annoying.
Awe-in-one profound series own both in my personal opinion, but I used Jazz III's for about 3 years before I found them....I don't know the smaller pick size just feels more comfortable for me and is really conducive to pinch harmonics.
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by nickdohle
Doesnt that technically make this a Vs. thread? WHICH, is against the rules. Im not going to report you but i know im not the only one who finds these threads annoying.

preference =/= versus?
Ive been using blue tortex for over 10 years now I guess.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
never tried a jazz, but i've used nothing but tortex picks for a while and they've always gotten the job done
I use Tortexes. I've never used Jazz IIIs so I can't say one's better than the other but I voted Tortex.
jazz III's are WAY to small.....

then you get used to them and they are UH-MAY-ZING!