i have an ibanez custom with an h-s-h pickup setup. the pickups lost there pizzaz to them a while ago. im looking for some new ones. Any ideas of some inexpensive Metal pickups. I dont need it to play clean well, i just need a hard rock-metal sound. Im in a hardcore/hard rock band, and a metalcore/electronica band, therfore i dont need anything clean
"Man playing guitar in Garage, may get exhausted"-Me

"The difference between a man who has six children and a man who has six guitars? The man with six children KNOWS he has enough...."-Rob

"Just pick up one and play"-Corey
I have GFS pickups, and they are really great. Just like EMG's, each note rings out, even in 6-string chords. They also respond to your volume control very well, being clean at 1 and crazy dirty at 10. I have the Vintage '59 set, and they were only $40 a piece. DO NOT buy their electronics, as they are crap. But, their pickups are great buys.

Btw, I'm obsessed with getting my Les Paul a H-S-H setup. It's just H-x-H right now.

I'm also in a hardcore band, and I personally believe they are better than my other guitar players custom Jackson with DiMarzios. Not to sound like an advertisement or anything, but really. We're all on a budget, dude. Lol
Quote by ASJerrell
I have GFS pickups, and they are really great. Just like EMG's, each note rings out, even in 6-string chords. They also respond to your volume control very well, being clean at 1 and crazy dirty at 10. I have the Vintage '59 set, and they were only $40 a piece. DO NOT buy their electronics, as they are crap. But, their pickups are great buys.

Btw, I'm obsessed with getting my Les Paul a H-S-H setup. It's just H-x-H right now.

I'm also in a hardcore band, and I personally believe they are better than my other guitar players custom Jackson with DiMarzios. Not to sound like an advertisement or anything, but really. We're all on a budget, dude. Lol

Cool, i think im gonna get some of those gfs ones. what your bands name. you got a myspace?
"Man playing guitar in Garage, may get exhausted"-Me

"The difference between a man who has six children and a man who has six guitars? The man with six children KNOWS he has enough...."-Rob

"Just pick up one and play"-Corey
Whats your budget?

What tone are you looking to emulate, exactly? Name some bands.

What amp are you currently using?
Quote by ASJerrell

Man I found their electronics to be great. I had the lil killer but not an actually humbucker, the killer was great though.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
what kind of amp are you using? It's kinda hard to pick out a set of pups for you when we dont know your amp. And are you looking for actives or passives?
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Seymour Duncan '59s are one of the best quality for price pickups out there.

Far superior to the GFS vintage '59s imo.
Quote by rotoreuter48
i have an ibanez custom with an h-s-h pickup setup. the pickups lost there pizzaz to them a while ago. im looking for some new ones. Any ideas of some inexpensive Metal pickups. I dont need it to play clean well, i just need a hard rock-metal sound. Im in a hardcore/hard rock band, and a metalcore/electronica band, therfore i dont need anything clean

pickups don't "lose their pizazz", they aren't soda pop...they're still exactly the same as when you bought the guitar.

What amp are you using and what's actually wrong with your tone - pickups may not be your issue.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
pickups don't "lose their pizazz", they aren't soda pop...they're still exactly the same as when you bought the guitar.

Easy there tiger, i think he means that his ear has developed past the stage where he thinks they sound good.

And TS, just a suggestion, but maybe save up a little longer. Getting another cheap set will probably mean you're gonna swap them out again later.
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student