hey i noticed that the esp rs is discontinued. why did they discontinue it? i liked it and was thinking about buying one. now if i want an esp in that shape i have to buy a roope latvala sig or a gus g sig .

Quote by Riffofthebeast
hey i noticed that the esp rs is discontinued. why did they discontinue it? i liked it and was thinking about buying one. now if i want an esp in that shape i have to buy a roope latvala sig or a gus g sig .

gibson probably sued them for a copyright infringment
Quote by britishsligean

why? gibson doesnt have anything in that shape (that i know of) the only thing i can think of that looks like that is a gibson explorer.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
why? gibson doesnt have anything in that shape (that i know of) the only thing i can think of that looks like that is a gibson explorer.

there is also the futura which was on made in the 70's
Quote by britishsligean
there is also the futura which was on made in the 70's

if it that one in the middle? thats what came up when i searched it. anyways thet doesnt look anything close to the esp rs. i can believe jackson made the y2kv which was an exact copy of a gibson flying v but esp makes a guitar that has the same concept but looks totaly differant that the futura and they get sued. are you sure gibson did this? i mean while they were at it they could have sued for the esp eclipse, and the esp viper. why go after that one guitar that looks more different when they have guitars that look more like their guitars?
Quote by britishsligean

well you are going on probably's so until you have evidence im not totaly believing it it. the rs is nothing like the futura compared to the eclipse and the les paul, and the viper and the sg.
Last edited by Riffofthebeast at Oct 29, 2009,
Not enough sales? Most guitarists that are into that kind of shape play power metal, and even then most of the power metal guitarists off the top of my head use super-strats.
I'm just speculating, btw.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
If that guitar is a copy of anything its one of these....

'83-'84 Kramer Voyager

....and considering ESP was making parts for Kramer (bodies and necks) back in the 80's its no surprise either
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I think he was talking about the headstock.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
That headstock is a typical 80's banana headstock. Kramer used the design as well as many others.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
You sure it's discontinued mate because I can still see it up on the ESP site and generally that's pretty up to date unless I've missed a blog.
that looks like that carvin that marty friedman used to play.
i think it was a v220?
im not sure.
but that shape is awesome.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by azn_guitarist25
You sure it's discontinued mate because I can still see it up on the ESP site and generally that's pretty up to date unless I've missed a blog.

well i couldnt find it on their site and someone told me they discontinued it but maybe they are wrong.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
The Random Star is still available in Japan.

i dont live in japan. i live in the US so for me it is discontinued.

Quote by azn_guitarist25
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/original/index.html Don't know what that person was on about but it's still available though if you're outside of Japan it's gonna be a bitch with it being an OS model.

i looked at that site and that's the japanese esp site (obviously) and i noticed a lot of those models they dont sell in america. also, what is an OS model?
Last edited by Riffofthebeast at Oct 30, 2009,
I thought the RS was never sold in the USA anyway.

Quote by Riffofthebeast

i looked at that site and that's the japanese esp site (obviously) and i noticed a lot of those models they dont sell in america. also, what is an OS model?
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
I thought the RS was never sold in the USA anyway.

no i think i saw it at guitar center once and on their website also
Quote by Riffofthebeast

Not too sure ESP had a RS model outside of the signature series available to the US but I'll check in the archives to see if they did.

And OS = Original Series, it's another step above the Standard Series guitars but lower then Custom Shop stuff. It's mainly produced and made and sold in the domestic Japan but obviously you can get some models outside via ebay or ishibashi and the likes.