Ive never owned a tube amp and ive heard about explosions so that makes me kinda scared.

What does the standby switch do and how do you properly turn on and off a tube amp?
Do you have to let it warm it or something?

Can it do thrash metal?

How are the cleans on it and can it take pedals well?

Does it come with a footswitch?

How does it sound at low volumes? For the most part ill will be keeping it on low at home and only cranking it when I play with my drummer.

Thx ahead for the answers.

Btw i couldnt find the tube amp thread sorry.
Last edited by Prodigy179 at Oct 29, 2009,
The standby allows the tubes to warm up properly before you play - turn on the standby, then the amp, and then after around 1min, turn off standby and rock out!

Can is do thrash metal?
I should think so, but I'm not familiar with thrash metal

How are the cleans on it and can it take pedals well?
cleans are ok, obviously not fender like but it has a fair bit of headroom - it has a dedicated effects loop for putting pedals in!

Does it come with a footswitch?
Yes - 2 button

How does it sound at low volumes? For the most part ill will be keeping it on low at home and only cranking it when I play with my drummer.
you should be able to get resonable tones @ bedroom volumes from it - but bear in mind, this amp will sound best when cranked - see if you can invest in a power attenuator to allow you to play cranked at any volume with the amp!
Haha, well it's not like they explode huge fireballs or something that would kill you.
The tubes can blow, the speaker can blow (rarer but still possible) or the fuse could blow, nothing like an explosion though.
I think it is a great amp and well worth the $370 they are charging for it right now. Great value. Cleans and Drive on these amps are above average at their price point. I think all your other questions were answered by SwampAsh.