Page 1 of 2
Okay here's the dealio, I've been like crushing on this girl for like two years, were real good friends, but I don't think she knows how I feel about her. I tried looking in the thread about songs that impress girls but, I couldn't really find any. Can you help me? I own a capo, but I'm not the strongest at fingerpicking, I also can't tune 1/2 step down, cause my tuners gay, and by ear is to much of a hassle. Please help me if possible I'd like to play her a song by next friday. Thanks in advance
if you cant tune a half step down by ear...well, i dont have many suggestions cause u must be a noobie or you should give up at guitar

EDIT: good luck with the girl though
Last edited by yomoma21 at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by yomoma21
if you cant tune a half step down by ear...well, i dont have many suggestions cause u must be a noobie or you should give up at guitar

EDIT: good luck with the girl though

That was very rude, however I can tune down half a step, its just a pain in my balls, and ive been playing a good 5yrs. So can yea.
to tune half step down. play the sixth fret of the string HIGHER to the one your tuning and tune relatively. (with exception when tuning the g) n if by ear is too much hassle for a girl you dont deserve her. nuff said
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Dude, its easy just slowly pick through some major chord progressions. Maybe make a small solo and then tell her that she was the inspiration behind it. Chicks love that stuff, just make sure it sounds good first! Good luck
Quote by fishstickrocker
That was very rude, however I can tune down half a step, its just a pain in my balls, and ive been playing a good 5yrs. So can yea.

its not rude at all, it should take all of 30 seconds if you have been playing 5 years.
Acoustic stylings, and yea I guess your right, about not deserving her, that is kind of a dick selfish move. anyway I'll take a look at the modest mouse song.
Quote by fishstickrocker

Not being pissy here but it sez this on your profile...

I've been playing as of 4/25/09 for about a year.

So how's that 5 years?

Not that i'm that interested...just thought I'd mention it.
[
Quote by Skuzzmo
Not being pissy here but it sez this on your profile...

I've been playing as of 4/25/09 for about a year.

So how's that 5 years?

Not that i'm that interested...just thought I'd mention it.

That's the date I joined this site. Wow
So when you say "I've been PLAYING" you actually mean "the date I joined UG"????

So the thing under your user name that says join date Jan 2009 that's what then?
[
Actually... you're not making any sense... or not to me at least....so whatever...

as long as you're happy...
[
Idk that thing isn't accurate, I started playing in the 8th grade now I'm a senior why the hell does it matter anyway?
wish you were here-pink floyd
wonderwall-oasis
other generic acoustic song, and im pretty sure theres at least 100 threads dedicated to this so searchbar
Oasis- wonderwall
Capo the second fret and play Em-G-D-A7
C-D-A7
just get the music and listen to it n play along

Oh try pictures by kid rock and sheryl crow
Last edited by Accousticguy at Oct 30, 2009,
THATS EASY, theres noy a good homeson girl that dosn,t dig ...#1 MICHAEL ROWith your BOAT......#2.ISAW THE LIGHT....good luck!!and dont forget the spoons
THEY CALLIT PUPPY LOVE use to always get the girls ,especially if they smoked cigarettes
Haha just cause he didnt join till 2009 doesn't mean he couldn't have played guitar before that.

And the best song to impress girls: "The Girl" by City and Colour. If that doesn't win her over idk what will.
I hate my sig
I love how guys come on here asking for a "girl song" like all girls have the same music taste and will woo over everything. -_-

FIND OUT WHAT MUSIC SHE LIKES. Then work from there.

I wouldn't worry about tuning down, most of the time you can play a song a half a step up and it'll still sound fine.
Wonderwall-Oasis

Tangled Up In You-Staind

ummm Idk Find A Song That Desribes The way u feel Or write 1 even if it doesnt turn out great she will love the fact u wrote a song 4 her anyway good luck
If your unsure to what to play to her, why dont you write your own little song for her. A few chords and a little solo, maybe some lyrics to describe how you feel, or a story to tell the situation?

Good luck anyroad
“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

― Dolly Parton
I want to hold your hand by the beatles lol or 8 days a week
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Ideally, if you want to confess your undying love to a girl...through song may not be the best way, but that's for you to decide.

You could play/sing Unintended by Muse, assuming you're an excellent vocalist. Or Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls if you feel like really retuning your guitar. Or you could write your own basic song
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
First... Find out what music she likes. We don't know her, we don't know you. Play something she likes to hear. Second, you don't have to tune down if the actual song does, chances are noone but someone that actually plays the song will notice - but seriously, you can't be bothered to tune down when it takes 10 seconds? I tune to DADAAD quite often and it takes just a few seconds.

And why not just... you know, talk to her? If you known her for so long, chances are playing her a song won't do anything talking with her wouldn't.

And out of curiosity of what other people mentioned, I found this funny "I like to play guitar. I've been playing as of 4/25/09 for about a year."
Aliens do exist. They're just waiting for Chuck Norris to die before they attack.

C4C - Songwriting and Lyrics

- Hung Up on You -
- Apathy Unending -
about a girl (bit ironic though considering it was about cobains troubled relationship but unless she knows the eaning who cares)
I have to agree with some of the smarter people here that aren't just trying to argue about how long they have been playing or what time they joined a forum. You should try and find out what kind of music she likes. I'd recommend Wonderall also though.I'm Yours is another. I'm currently liking the song Beautiful Love by The Afters. The Unwinding Cable Car might also be a nice one, its by Anberlin.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8WStZwst9I

Moustache is mandatory
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by WinterEagle5
play for yourself, not ANYONE else.

Ha how selfish. Do you know how many great songs are played for girls and how many many great artists have played for girls. Dont act gay like you wouldnt want a girl checkin you out if you were playin a song
Page 1 of 2