Arrived day earlier then schedule, the wait killed me, echeck plus shipping to far east canada equals 2 and a half weeks. Douglas SIV 45 99$.

Other guitars I have include an al-3000 rootbeer and an epi g-400. First the pics

When I first opened the box I was amazed and how great this thing looked. First thing I did was inspect for blems and such cosmetic issues.

On the back of the guitar there were a few black pecks like really small barely noticeable, no biggy only paid 99$. On the fretboard frets 20-22, the frets had some black tarnish on them but I wiped them off easily. The last fret marker has a little bit too much wood filler but its only 1 fret and wow the fret inlays look amazingly well done besides that on fret. Now another thing I noticed is how the nut has a slant as you go down to the high E, I thought this might cause a problem.

Now, the good this. The white finish is great, nice and shiny. The neck is really comfortable, fairly flat like a D shape to me actually, really nice fret access not as good as my g-400 though still good. The inlays are lovely, the headstock looks really nice too.

One thing I noticed when I opened the cavity to see whats under the hod, I find alpha pots, to my surprise and a box style 3 way instead of the toggle which functions better and doesn't fail so easily mechanically.

Of course as you would, it needed a little bit of a setup out of the box, EAD strings needed intonation adjustment and there was a bit of buzzing so raised the bridge a little and loosened the truss rod a bit.

One problem was frets like 1-6 on the high e was like resting on the fretboard so bends scraped against the frets which is not good, I'm hoping a truss rod adjustment can fix this but i think its because the nut is too low on that side, anybody have this problem before let me know how to fix it properly please.

Another thing that surprised me is the stock tuners stayed in tune pretty well for stock tuners, I however did change them to the GFS locking ones I had lying around and they work wonders.

How does it sound with the stock pickups? I was expecting horrible like god awful, but however they sound just fine through my peavey XXX. Decent for metal, can get muddy if you don't eq it properly though, but its a decent tone until you decide to put something else in, I'm gonna put a set of power rails in one day.

Not as neck heavy as everyone says it is, really hard to play sitting also, but I also stand and play anyways so its not an issue for me. also its pretty quiet with alot of gain, better if it was shielded like the others in my family.

Overall it surpasses my expectations for a 100 dollar guitar. The Neck makes it look like 700 dollar guitar. The only real issue was the nut, but it seems like the truss adjust is slowly fixing it.

Also, I found out while writing this that there is two r's in surprise, its not suprise.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I was pleasantly surprised to see how awesome this guitar was.
HNGD!
Quote by CarpUK
Beat the recession by soldering your strings back together! What's more, the extra metal vibrating back and forth will add to your tone... and what could be more metal than more metal!?!

Quote by biga29
Plz uz reel wurdz bcoz wen u tipe lik this its hard 2 red.
Quote by Ippon
Congrats! It's amazing what a simple set-up can do to an inexpensive guitar through a decent tube amp.

Now, you need one of these:

Wow, that looks nice, I want one.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Nice HNGD. I was really surprised at the Douglas WRL I got that was supposed to be a gift for someone else. After I got it I tried it out and was amazed at the quality playability and tone of the guitar. So much I kept it for myself. I always see people praising Agile but not many mentioned Douglas and I think they get neglected.

John
John, Douglas is really dodgy QC wise-I've heard of frets literally coming up and poking someone, uneven FB's, and so on.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^Lol, over at the agile guitars forums, everyone praises them.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I wanna see pics of the AL-3000! I'm GASing for one in root beer.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I really wanna get one of those WRL's to mess around with.

For the price these guitars are great lab-rats.

HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?