Im confused because it sounds good played 2 different ways, with or without the 6th string being strummed, and although it sounds very similar each way, im not sure if doing so changes the tonic and thus the name of the chord along with it (though I dont see why each wouldnt be interchangable in a key where either would fit because the sound of it doesnt change very much at all...)

the notes are as follows, E, B, E, Bb, B, E or if you play it without the low E, its (quite obviously) just B, E, Bb, B, E

anyway I guess I should tab out the chord for you guys... I'm just going to tab it out WITH the E in there.

|-0-|        |-0-|
|-0-|        |-0-|
|-3-|        |-3-|
|-2-|        |-2-|   
|-2-|        |-2-|
|-0-|  or    |-x-|

so what chord is it? Im pretty sure its either E#11 or Bsus4/7M11, but im not sure...
Does adding in the root note change the tonic note of the chord, and it's name? if so then its probably both of them...

but then theres the chance that my theory is totally off here lol :-p
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
it could b these 3
1) E5add#11
2) Bmaj11/E
3) Eadd#11

EDIT: 1 and 3 are pretty much the same thing
adding the low E just gives the Bmaj11 an E bass note
so the Bmaj11/E and Eadd#11 are the same thing
if u took off the low E then it would just b a Bmaj11 or a E5add#11/B(with a B bass note) u see what im saying?
hope that helps
Last edited by dlguitarmaster7 at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
it could b these 3
1) E5add#11
2) Bmaj11/E
3) Eadd#11

EDIT: 1 and 3 are pretty much the same thing
adding the low E just gives the Bmaj11 an E bass note
so the Bmaj11/E and Eadd#11 are the same thing
if u took off the low E then it would just b a Bmaj11 or a E5add#11/B(with a B bass note) u see what im saying?

indeed I understand...

interesting though, because its a major chord that has that sad feel of a minor chord... I think its a very rich, mystical sounding chord, yet at the same time rather dark...

thanks a lot
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q