Ok, around the 8th fret on my acoustic, the strings start to get higher off the fretboard making them difficult to play, not to much, but just enough to be an annoyance. I have not set up my guitar, just played it out of box...don't really know how to do any of the things to fix it. What do I need to do to fix this? Sand down the Bridge? the Nut?
Gear:
Alvarez Classical Guitar(don't know much about it).
Yamaha FG730S
Agile AL-2000 Black Cherry
Fender 25R Frontman Series II Combo
No, havn't made any adjustments, as stated earlier i really don't know how, and don't want to mess anythign up, when i used to take lessons, i even would have my teacher change my strings haha, so i have been playing for a while, just don't really know many skills as far as playability etc...i finally figured out how to change my own strings about 7 months ago haha been playing for a few years now lol
Gear:
Alvarez Classical Guitar(don't know much about it).
Yamaha FG730S
Agile AL-2000 Black Cherry
Fender 25R Frontman Series II Combo
My 1971 D-35 is the same way. The action is way too high near the bottom. Adjusting the truss rod scares me too. It's unplayable down there now.
take ur guitar to a local music shop. ask them to adjust the truss rod. thats what i did and it worked

EDIT: if ur not 100% sure u know how to do it, dont. u can ruin it. just have someone else do it
it could be your neck relief (which would be a truss rod adjustment) or it could be that the saddle could be lower. it would be better if you took your guitar to a knowledgeable guitar tech and had him take a look.