I think almost every town probably has a thriving alt rock/pop punk scene. It's pretty much where it's at at the moment.
anywhere with a highschool, and speaking of, i just saw that movie "band slam" the other day... was anyone's highschool/hometown actually like that? because that couldn't be further from the truth for where i grew up. of course, i grew up in texas. we played football, all of us. hell, we even had chicks try out.
Agreed Grisky. Its literally impossible to get kids to come to my shows... wait no thats becuase I play in a heavy metal band. The kids go wild for that alt-pop stuff. High school or not- you can pretty much find an alternative rock nieche any where TS
Quote by Highwaytohell
Agreed Grisky. Its literally impossible to get kids to come to my shows... wait no thats becuase I play in a heavy metal band. The kids go wild for that alt-pop stuff. High school or not- you can pretty much find an alternative rock nieche any where TS

Your band is pretty crap as well, maybe that's why people wont come to your shows.
^^

Bit unnecessary?

Anyway TS, while there is a fairly global popularity surge in pop punk ATM, some places are still better than others.

For example, for hardcore influenced pop punk, NYC and Boston are leading the field in America (I think...). In the UK, London is as always thriving.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by ESte
Your band is pretty crap as well, maybe that's why people wont come to your shows.

big words for someone with no link to a band website or any demo tracks posted.
Minnesota has tons of pop bands for being somewhat small population-wise. We have 5 I can think of right now that are on legit labels and tons of the bigger bands are pop.

Not good for my band, but I shouldn't complain. We opened for some big signed pop bands tonight and the club was filled and were pretty into us from what I could tell on stage. Awesome experience.
Quote by ESte

Children are to be seen and not heard. Why don't you show us some of your music so we can rag on it as opposed to give the ts an answer to his wierd question.