Hey, I'm going to Suffocation and Winds Of Plague tonight and it's my first real metal concert.

I'm 14 and quite skinny (5'9" and about 58kg) so I'll probably stay away from the mosh pit and I'd rather just headbang and watch the bands anyway.

What should I wear? black skinny jeans or normal? And I'll probably wear an Opeth shirt will that be fine?

Also is it smart taking things? I will need my phone but thinking about taking my iPod to record video, is that smart? I will probably drop it...

Sorry for all the questions, but I just wanna be ready =P. The venue is kinda a small room underground and is really hot (Transmission Room Auckland NZ)
i don't see how what you wear matters at all.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Just take your phone. Anything more will be more to worry about. Maybe a bit of money to buy a shirt or something, depending on if they sell them there or not.

You should wear what you normally wear, try not to focus on the little things and just enjoy it.
You can record videos with an iPod now? Out-rageous.

Also, watch out for The Hand
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Cianyx
You can record videos with an iPod now? Out-rageous.

Also, watch out for The Hand

Yeah the new nanos. Hahaha will do. Does he always do the hand?
unless your going to a super elitist kvlt gr1m show what you wear doesn't matter.

Mosh pits are fun when your a kid and people watch out for eachother because they've all been the skinny white kid don't be afraid, triple knot your shoes, protect your face and your manhood watch for the forty year old sweaty fat guy without his shirt that you will see at every show for the rest of your life (there is always one).

Bring money but put it somewhere safe, my buddies gotten two bullet belts stolen from him at concerts, a shoe, a couple beers, and his dignity so look after your shit.

For god's sake don't yell anything out between songs, you'll look like an idiot. And don't forget to smoke cigarettes.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Last edited by k1ng_pooh at Oct 30, 2009,
How do you get a belt stolen off you?

"Hey forty year old sweaty fat guy. What? You want to give me a handjob? Well, I guess your sweat could lubricate me while I fantasize about Angela Gossow. Just give me a second while I ta-- Hey! Where did my belt go?"
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by k1ng_pooh
unless your going to a super elitist kvlt gr1m show what you wear doesn't matter.

Mosh pits are fun when your a kid and people watch out for eachother because they've all been the skinny white kid don't be afraid, triple knot your shoes, protect your face and your manhood watch for the forty year old sweaty fat guy without his shirt that you will see at every show for the rest of your life (there is always one).

Bring money but put it somewhere safe, my buddies gotten two bullet belts stolen from him at concerts, a shoe, a couple beers, and his dignity so look after your shit.

For god's sake don't yell anything out between songs, you'll look like an idiot. And don't forget to smoke cigarettes.

This. I hate it when people do that. There's a group of idiots who yell in between songs in every show I go to. It's pissing off. Yknow what's worse? Yelling 'Play *insert song here*'.
In the last show I went to, there was a metalcore band on the bill, and a bunch of idiots were shouting,'PLAY SOME COVERS,YAAR, PLAY LAMB OF GOD!' as if that was the only band they had heard.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
It probably was the only band they'd ever heard

Edit: just realised I was reading out what those guys said in a pirate voice
Last edited by Deplorable at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by Deplorable
It probably was the only band they'd ever heard

the 'YAAR' probably confused you. It's like saying 'dude' or 'man' here. I'm the only pirate I know.
Quote by Deplorable
I did the same...
Quote by jetfuel495
What are you, Indian?

YES PLEASE
Wear a crushed velvet suit and cravat, you'll be fine.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by destroy_techno
Go naked

Seriously, you have to be naked at Suffocation shows, and Mike Smith will beat you off

fixed
Jeans with tight pockets so someone cant sneak their hand in and pinch your stuff. Only take your phone dont bother with your ipod, someone will just knock into you and you will drop it anyway. Mosh pits can break out at anytime so if you dont wanna be in one stay alert and watch around you aswell as watching the band coz there are some people who just go to gigs to start pits, including a few of my friends who you wouldnt consider 'pit starters'
GEAR :

Ibanez SA260FM
Burswood Strat Copy
Marshall GV-2 Distortion
Crate FlexWave 120 Amp

Quote by 1jack369
my first was metallica..........=]

All at the same time?

Intense.
Philosophy > Life

Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by 1jack369
my first was metallica..........=]

Someone didn't read the OP...
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
All the gigs I've been to have had a cloak room, so I normally put stuff like Wallet/phone/Etc in my jacket and pay £2 for it to be the Venues Problem for the night
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by jetfuel495
Mine was Megadeth. DAVE was a beast.

Mine was Megadeth as well.
My first metal show was slayer, not including a the hordes of local shows I've gone to.

BASTARDATOR!
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5