But I want a DVD with the ORIGINAL version, not one of the umpteenth remastered versions with new explosions, Han Solo's neck shifting to avoid Greedo and other ugly splotches due to "updating" the graphics.
Any idea where I can get this? Do the original versions even exist on DVD?
i have them on vhs
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yay somebody got it!!!

Thats what i get for owning all four seasons of futurama!

Quote by Zero-Hartman
She's a fucking vampire! Hit that shit with a stake.
As do I (that VHS box-set that came out in ca. '94), but they're at my parents' house
And I have no VHS player anyways.
Might be available at Wal Mart, I know that's where my brother got them when they first came out around a year ago. I don't remember a boxed set, though But they came with graphic-novel adaptations of the books from Dark Horse Comics, which was cool.

Not sure if you'll find them at the nearest Wal Mart, the store I work at doesn't have 'em. You may find it at Best Buy or FYE.
shouldn't a vhs player be dirt cheap? also...why not find somewhere where you can watch it online?
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Yay somebody got it!!!

Thats what i get for owning all four seasons of futurama!

Quote by Zero-Hartman
She's a fucking vampire! Hit that shit with a stake.
Why did they use all that cgi when models with a bit of cgi looks better

EDIT: I did a google search, there are a few torrents that seem to be original non-updated versions
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by sergc118
shouldn't a vhs player be dirt cheap? also...why not find somewhere where you can watch it online?

56kb internet connection
EDIT:^ PM me torrent link pls?
and my little brothers are really into star wars atm, I couldn't take the VHS's away from them.

Quote by whalepudding
Why did they use all that cgi when models with a bit of cgi looks better

Seriously.
Yes, they exist. I know they exist because I remind myself they do every time I look at my REMASTERED DVD set and sob uncontrollably thinking that all I needed to do was wait 1 ****ing year!!!
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Brandon860
Yes, they exist. I know they exist because I remind myself they do every time I look at my REMASTERED DVD set and sob uncontrollably thinking that all I needed to do was wait 1 ****ing year!!!

do you know what they're called, or what they look like?
As far as I know the way they set them up is you can watch two versions of each film: the 2004 remastered or the original theatrical. Unfortunately, they added some shit but only a little. So really, there is no absolute ORIGINAL trilogy copies on DVD format yet.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by CoreysMonster
I think those were only released in the US ^, could that be?

There is a very strong chance that it is.

You may have to import, that shouldn't be too hard. Just think about all the lameness that you will be avoiding....

Like Lucas shooping Hayden Christensen into Return of the Jedi, or other various blastphemy.
Quote by whitenihilist
There is a very strong chance that it is.

You may have to import, that shouldn't be too hard. Just think about all the lameness that you will be avoiding....

Like Lucas shooping Hayden Christensen into Return of the Jedi, or other various blastphemy

oh god, if I get a version that has that, I will RAEG so fucking hard it will destroy my apartment building
The only problem with importing is the region code, but that WOULD totally be worth avoiding the stupidity of the remastered versions
Quote by CoreysMonster
not until wednesday

oh okay.

well uhm check ebay?
This set comes with both:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Original-Trilogy-DVD/dp/B001FVKUA8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1256892367&sr=8-4

I've got that one (and the prequel trilogy box set as well), and they come with a second disk with the original unedited versions and other extra content, like "the making of...". Quite good, actually, and surprisingly cheap.
Trained physicist occasionally enslaved by engineers.