Hey guys I'm looking to buy a mates Epiphone Dot off him. I've borrowed it for a few days to road test, anything in particular I should be looking at to make sure it won't crap out on me any time soon? It's about 3 years old now without any known damage. I've only been playing for the past few months and haven't really gotten into maintenance or working with the hardware so any help would be great, thanks!
I think the older Epiphone Dots are great guitars, I use mine all the time. I think you should just make sure it feels and sounds right to you. Things as string height or pick ups can always be adjusted by something as a guitar center, so if there aren't any major difficulties such as broken switches or tore down nuts, you're good to go.
Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
Yeah I love it, feels and sounds great and of course looks awesome. The only problem I've found is one of the tone knob's is loose bt it still works fine.

Quote by BvH001
I think the older Epiphone Dots are great guitars

Are there any differences between say this one and one I'd grab off the shelf now?
Well, the latest serie of Epiphone guitars, atleast from what I've heard, are really bad. Bad finish, bad sound, bad feeling, and way too overpriced. That's why I'm glad I got the chance to buy my Epiphone Dot second hand aswell, because there is no way the quality of a recent built Epiphone comes near the older ones.
Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
I just bought myself a 2009 Epi Les paul standard. and i was astounded by the quality. Its exactly the opposite of what he just said. Is this true for every Epi? I have no clue! But i know mine is a great quality guitar. And it looks sexy as hell.
Quote by BvH001
Well, the latest serie of Epiphone guitars, atleast from what I've heard, are really bad. Bad finish, bad sound, bad feeling, and way too overpriced. That's why I'm glad I got the chance to buy my Epiphone Dot second hand aswell, because there is no way the quality of a recent built Epiphone comes near the older ones.

My '08 Epiphone Dot Deluxe is damn near perfect.... WHAT ARE YOUR SOURCES
http://soundcloud.com/dawwwstin
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx