Poll: How much do you play guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: How much do you play guitar?
Less than 1 hour a week
15 6%
1 hour a week
4 2%
2-4 hours a week
24 10%
4-6 hours a week
30 13%
1 hour a day
43 18%
2 hours a day
59 25%
3 hours a day
34 14%
4 hours a day
13 5%
5+ hours a day
11 5%
I'm a pit monkey - why the hell would I play guitar??????
7 3%
Voters: 240.
Page 1 of 2
About an hour a day. If I'm recording guitar than it's more like 6 hours a day, haha.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
! hour a day usually, perhaps more on weekends and holidays.

I always pick up the guitar, say "Oh I'll be ten minutes on this" and before long and hour or two have passed!

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
2h a day weekdays, 4-5h at weekends on bass.Slowly getting better only started in May but im sticking with it cause im enjoying it lol.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
it varies. anywhere between 0 and 2 hours. used to play more, now i just waste time on the computer =/
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
No two days are the same. One day I might just pick up a guitar for 5 minutes, another day I might play all day.
*parp*
Varied, but usually a total of about 2 hours a day. Maybe an hour. Or some days, not at all because my hands are too cold (it's winter at the moment and I have no heating) or I've got RSI again. That's the usual excuse.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
I said 3 hours in the poll but it is various by the week. I play like 2-4 (each day) hours on Monday to Thursday and Friday to Sunday I play like 3-7 (each day) hours.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Last edited by Gulli05 at Oct 30, 2009,
I dont really play for hours on end, i'll pick up my guitar maybe 20 times a day, play for 10-20 mins give it a rest, repeat all day.
If i'm working however i'll barely touch it till the weekend then i'll try to get some writing done.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
4-6 hours a week sounds about right. I'm really not practising as much as I used to but I'm getting a bit of a routine going again.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
About 5-6 everyday.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
I spend more of my time buying and selling guitars than actually playing them nowadays.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
I always have my guitar on my lap, so i voted 5 hours +
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
I haven't played in ages, probably because I've moved on to keyboard. When I get around to recording something, I'll pick it up again just for that.
Less than an hour a day. I tend to graze on my guitar playing rather than having one extended sit-down. I'm still better than any guitarist my age that I know personally so I must be doing something right. I sound like an arrogant prick but .
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Used to play heaps, now I'd be lucky to get in an hour a week.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I'd go with 3 - 5 hours a day depending on my mood. So I chose 4.
y know what this topics got me tempted to skive college and go play bass
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by Holy Katana
I've been playing a lot more this week than I have in a while.

Same, I'm on half term at the moment and have started to get back into guitar. I went with 2-4 hours a day. In the last couple of weeks I was slowing down on guitar. But i'm now back to playing guitar more often. And not so much of the computer.
When I first started it was about 8 hours a day.

Now it's down to about 3ish...
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Now I have nothing to do, I average about 5 or 6 hours a day, except weekends. But normally it's about 2 hours.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Not much since I dedicate all my time to college

I don't even think I know how to play guitar anymore
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Barely any, and it shows. I need to warm up for an hour or two now just to get my technique back. But at least I haven't lost it. I'm going to be making some changes, and browsing UG less.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Virtually none. Don't have the time. All my time is taken up on composition projects.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I would be playing soon, but i broke my foot and i am grounded from my guitar...........

EDIT: and i fail at sad stacks.....
Last edited by puertonicob at Oct 30, 2009,
As much as I can.
I usually muster about an hour of actual playing (setting all my gear up like and playing through some excersises, songs, improvisation etc) a day, but I'll also have it next to me while I'm doing other stuff (TV, computer etc) so I can just run scales or something to improve my muscle memory and finger strength.
So it can be anywhere from 2 hours to 4 hours depending. If I get a burst of inspiration I'll spend longer focusing, which is always great, but a lot of the time I can't find the time to play it endlessly.
I'm not really sure. my guitar is right beside my computer and I'm on my computer all the damn time, so it's hard to tell how much I'm playing. I picked 3 hours though
I do about four hours a day during the school year. On holidays, and breaks I do about 8 hours a day.
4-6 Hours a week

I should probably play more, but I get tied up with school work, karate and job.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Page 1 of 2