i am looking for a keyboard with the keys arranged in such a way that i can use it with my one hand, while keeping up my productivity and holding a WPM count over 155. i thought someone might have suggestions so thank you for your time. FYI, with a standard keyboard it took me 5 minutes to write this post which is why i need a better alternative
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by Tedis1111
how do you play guitar?

stupider as the years roll on.

4gedit: dunno if this helps
http://www.abilityhub.com/keyboard/mini.htm

im also thinking of a design idea, but i dont think it would exist, think the powerglove but with keys on it.
-no sig-
Last edited by Al4Project at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by Tedis1111
how do you play guitar?

slide guitar style usually- my fretting hand holds the slide. can't pick individual notes well but i can manage
signed,
your favorite poster
the only thing i can think of is to use a smaller keyboard. But that brings accuracy issues into it.

I don't see how you're going to get 155 wpm. 120 is extremely high.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
There's a concept called half QWERTY, which is a software that uses a full keyboard. What happens is, if you type only with your left hand, for example, you have half the keyboard in your range, as it were. This software has a function where, if you hold the space bar when pressing a key, you get the corresponding key from the "out of range" selection, if you get me. So if you holdthe space bar when pressing the Q button, you get P (the selection is mirror flipped).
Quote by Deliriumbassist
*stuff*

That must be insanely hard to get used to, sorta like a mirror land
-no sig-
Quote by Al4Project
That must be insanely hard to get used to, sorta like a mirror land

Apparently not. According to "research," trained touch typists can work it out in a matter of minutes, and to the untrained it takes about the same amount of time to learn as touchtyping.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Apparently not. According to "research," trained touch typists can work it out in a matter of minutes, and to the untrained it takes about the same amount of time to learn as touchtyping.

Surely you'd have massive spaces in between letters from holding the space down?
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by PussyPunk182
Surely you'd have massive spaces in between letters from holding the space down?

Software and drivers change the function. Do you not think the developers would have thought of that? It essentially turns the space bar into a shift key when held down.
A motherfuckin KEYTAR

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
i use dvorak, and there are definitely versions of it for the uni-armed. it is supposedly quite easy to attain a higher WPM with it than a two-armed person on QWERTY.

EDIT: actually, there are two other versions of it, depending on which arm you're missing.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Last edited by McTodd at Oct 30, 2009,
^ like this?

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.