I've been looking at purchasing a crafter fx550-eq purely on the basis that it has a slim enough body to allow me to play comfortably.

I have weird shaped ribs and most acoustic guitars dig into my chest. Comfortable play is the priority, with sound quality second. I'd also like it to be able to take a fair bit of punishment while playing (a lot of requirements, I know.)

I don't specifically need an electro-acoustic, though I like the idea of an onboard tuner. I have learnt to play on an electric guitar and would love a guitar which had the feel of an electric.

My budget can stretch up to £250, though preferably a little less.

Any recommendations, other than the crafter?
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this is a better option than the crafter fx550?

I've looked through the under $300 dollar thread and like the look of the yamaha fg730s. However, I'm unsure whether it'll be comfortable for me to play.

Any other kind folks willing to offer advice?
Last edited by Suchmo at Oct 30, 2009,
are most of the guitars you play a certain style? i'm wondering because a lot of people have trouble with dreds and you might find an OM, GA or GC to be more comfortable without going with a slim body.