MY bass has a bad grounding problem. I have no clue how to fix it. i need to touch the strings the whole time to keep the hum muted.
maybe the ground came loose, solder it back on. check the guts
Quote by epcifail
MY bass has a bad grounding problem. I have no clue how to fix it. i need to touch the strings the whole time to keep the hum muted.
Your grounding is working perfectly. That's what string grounding does. Takes the noise that your body would couple into the wiring and pickups and sends it to ground, instead.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
to add to what SYK said.. (edit: and forsaknazrael beat me to it )

your bass is grounded properly, so changing/re-soldering the ground wires won't do anything about that.

what you can do, is sheild the cavities. a google search should find you enough info on the subject.
Also, take note of where you're playing..
in a room with a computer, lots of house wiring, computers, lights, and pretty much any other electronic device, you'll be getting lots of interference from them. sheilding'll help reduce the noise a bit, but moving away from appliances/ flourescent lights/ect will also make a big difference..
Last edited by james4 at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your grounding is working perfectly. That's what string grounding does. Takes the noise that your body would couple into the wiring and pickups and sends it to ground, instead.

Thank god someone other than me is finally saying it.
Quote by james4
to add to what SYK said.. (edit: and forsaknazrael beat me to it )

your bass is grounded properly, so changing/re-soldering the ground wires won't do anything about that.

what you can do, is sheild the cavities. a google search should find you enough info on the subject.
Also, take note of where you're playing..
in a room with a computer, lots of house wiring, computers, lights, and pretty much any other electronic device, you'll be getting lots of interference from them. sheilding'll help reduce the noise a bit, but moving away from appliances/ flourescent lights/ect will also make a big difference..

Oh good! Thanks for the explanation. But i figured that the electronic appliances were making the noise. If i face the other way then there is no noise at all, except when i move my finger of my the string/bridge/tuning pegs. I'll look into this shielding thing and hopefully if it works ill be pretty happy.