Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls, my name is Sesstreets, and I will be your original poster of this thread, and I come to you humble and broken on my knees for help.

I have yet to find anything in this world, amp wise, that I truly like and I have been recently stripped of amplifier powers as my last 3 amps have all ended in failure (tube failure, OT failure, fire) because they were all cheap Chinese knock offs (bugera 2x, b52)

Lets start off with what I like. For over drive I like Diezel, hot-ish wired plexi's, orange. And for cleans nothing, to me, beats a nice twin reverb or a blues deluxe. Now I know, these are all expensive brands, believe me I know that. At one point I had even thought about saving up for a line 6 Vetta 2, but after looking at the insane price I thought better of it.

I'm a college student, and even though I have two jobs; I just barely make it. But my birthday is coming up, I'm turning 20 and my whole family is intent on giving me lots of cash (don't ask me why IDK) and I finally believe I have enough time on my hands to actually BUILD something I want to keep forever.

I am not a noob when it comes to electronics by any means, but I do not fully 100% understand the workings of tube amps. I would say I understand about 95% of the theory of a tube amp and about 100% of the schematics (I believe I can read them very well)

I want to build something that has a beautiful crunch to it (british style), slightly high gain (not quite diezel and orange levels but not too far off), and crisp and clean clean channel (ala fender). If any of three are to be sacrificed, I would get rid of the cleans if it means making the other two a possibility. I don't want it to be obscenely loud, 30 watts or even 15 should do it for me. I also have a reverb tank that I was wondering if I could somehow incorporate into my amp as I enjoy some nice reverb from time to time.

In the past, I have collected pieces of my amps that have not been the cause of the amp failure and have collected a bunch of tubes in the process.

I own about 8 12ax7's (6 of which are I believe tungsol's and 2 are EHX's) a b52 212 combo cab (minus the actual amp chassis so there's an empty slot at the top) and I have 11 6l6's (ehx: a matched quartet, a matched double, and a single. tungsol matched quartet) I have a pretty decent 30 watt soldering iron and I have proficiency in soldering, I'm quite good at it, all of my solders come out nice and shiny and have good connection. And I have a nice sized box just filled with random capacitors and resistors that I've bought over time.

So my friends, I need your assistance more than ever before. Help your fellow man out, I would do the same for any of you if you needed help with a skill I was proficient in.

I would really like to hear from SYK and jim and kurtlives as I feel those three are the people with some of the most knowledge on this board, but please don't feel that you can't post in here.

I will be starting this project soon.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Its not like I"m asking you guys to make a schematic, just point me in the right direction.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
I'm making a thread right now. I hope it will help you, and others that would like to build an amp.

EDIT:

In the mean time, knock yourself out:

Safety:
www.ax84.com

Schematics:
http://schematicheaven.com/index_HTML.htm

Theory:
www.freewebs.com/valvewizard
Last edited by end_citizen at Oct 30, 2009,
Where's that thread?
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
I thought this tutorial was pretty good Sesstreets. I stickied it for myself I liked it so much.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1136168

Obviously, I can help you a little bit with the tubes if you need it. Otherwise, I'm just here wishing you luck.