Hey all. don't think ive ever posted in this part of UG and i hope its the right part.

Im hoping to start a band with some friends but to do something different. Theres way to many rock bands and (not that theirs anything wrong with that, but as its all the same and there not trying to stand out really) I want to do something different.

So ive been listening to alot or ray charles etc later, and hit the road the jack by him really sparked of this idea. And im looking for good bands and theirs songs that are in a similar style to this, you know. This sort black goodness you could say(not to be racist in any way). So i hope you all know some.

I will hopefully be playing double bass in this once i have a pickup on mine, so for the moment i would be EB. I also play trumpet and hope to incorporate this into it. A guitarist, drummer, maybe a trombone player aswell. A synth player would be cool aswell.

So do you know any bands similiar to Ray charles for me to step out of the box abit.

Thanks very much
Sam H
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
booker t and the mg's
buddy guy has some great tunes
look into all the old soul and motown stuff, a lot of it is really great music thats easy to rework into your own.
Thanks man,

Any more
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
me and my old band played My Girl by The Temptations. we made it really bluesy and groovy, sounded sick.
Ive also done Boogie on Reggae Woman by Stevie Wonder straight funk style. that shits so much fun to play.
Thanks very much JRKul.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul