(Yes I have thoroughly read the ultimate wah thread, I need some specific advice)

I'm about to purchase a wah wah. Iv'e been researching heaps for a while now. At the moment I have my heart set on the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe. Just need to know that It's actually worth the price. (It's a lot dearer than the others).

What do I need it for? Hard rock, ala Wolfmother, rock/blues (Hendrix) and rarely metal. (I like to muck around with some metal stuff occasionally. The Fulltone can apparently handle more or less anything, from clean to heaps of gain.

Other wah's I've considered are the Dunlop 535q, which I heard is the jack of all trades, but the master of none, the Slash sig, which I'm not particularly happy about paying extra for a distortion function that I don't need/is terrible, the Kirk Hammett sig which is apparently only good for high gain stuff and the EVH sig, which I don't know much about.

What is important to me is that they are true bypass, I don't want any tone sucking whilst the wah is off, which is what I hear they are notorious for, and their ability to cover the aforementioned genres.

tl;dr: To Fulltone or not to Fulltone. That is the question.

Thanx in advance
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Last edited by asr_larocca at Oct 30, 2009,
I would go for an Ibanez WD-7. I like it because it's super versatile, it can master pretty much any style of music, and is cheap.

I toot the horn of the WD-7 at every opportunity. I love it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
you sould check out the Boss PW-10 V-Wah, one of the best most versatile wah's ive used...
Head like a stone, stoned like a rock.

Quote by woodenbandman
I would go for an Ibanez WD-7. I like it because it's super versatile, it can master pretty much any style of music, and is cheap.

Dude, the size of that thing is what shits me. I know Frusch uses one and I love his tone, but it takes up too much real estate.
Chitarre:
Amplificatore:
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
If you love Froosh tone, try using a Wilson Ten Spot; cheaper than the Fulltone, and to my Chili-Pepper-philic ear, catches Froosh's tone pretty dead on. It's intended to be a copy of the old WH-10, and according to comparisons is a very faithful reproduction.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
Every wah thread I say go for a Zvex wah probe. Nobody ever does. It's the best pedal I have played. I chose it over fulltone and rmc. It's the best pedal I used, it can handle fuzz the best out of all the other pedals I used. It has a super hard on boost built into the pedal. Check one of these things out. The demo's I have seen do not do it justice. But you won't be disappointed in the fulltone either, but the Zvex might be your thing. If turns out to be your thing you will never think of another wah. Especially for the type of music you play, definitely check it out.

The only downside is, the Zvex costs more than the fulltone.
Last edited by lmihay at Oct 30, 2009,
wah probe is proximity detection isn't it? i was never too interested in rolling the dice on whether i would like the 'proximity detection' deal or not. my eye is on the clyde and the rmc picture wah. they are good construction and components, they are also true bypass

for the cheaper stuff, i know the ernie ball is true bypass, so they have my vote.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
True bypass is not necessarily better than buffered bypass, especially when the pedal is off. For that reason I recommend the Ibanez WH10.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^yes, tonally, i agree. and many times i like plugging my wah directly into the amp, and that change of tone is favorable. but in my larger setups a better wah that has true bypass is favorable, keeps things a bit stronger sounding and a little less noisy.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Look in to Wilson Effects wahs. They have a huge variety of different wahs with different sounds. I have the rippah 6-position Q wah and I love it. Most of their stuff is cheaper than Fulltone and RMC too, so that a plus.
Sig What?
after i got my dunlop kh95 i sold my cfh and my wylde wah, i know its not boutique but i love it, i suggest you atleast test drive one
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I don't know why no one has said it but GET THE CLYDE!

Thats an amazing wah pedal, best i've ever heard. Also Froosh doesn't use the WD-7, that won't get you his tone. If you really want his wah tone then you'll have to get a used WH-10 (they're discontinued) or a clone like the Wilson Ten Spot but i hear they won't give you much else.

I still say Clyde over it though, try one and you'll see what i mean.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
I'd just grab the regular Fulltone Clyde. I played around with a Deluxe for a while, got it all set up the way I like, only to find that those settings were pretty much what you get with a Clyde Standard anyways.

Clyde Standard ftw!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Thanks for the opinions guys. So has anyone had any experience with the Slash or EVH sigs?
Chitarre:
Amplificatore:
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Quote by woodenbandman

Don't listen to this guy. I own one and they are decent for high-gain stuff but pretty much suck for anything else. They are one of the least versatile wah's out there.

Quote by asr_larocca
Dude, the size of that thing is what shits me. I know Frusch uses one and I love his tone, but it takes up too much real estate.

Wrong. Frusciante uses a WH-10 which is nothing like the WD-7.

TS: Check out the WH10V2 - its suppose to be the same circuitry as the original and all that mumbo-jumbo.

Also, if you have the money, look into some RMC wahs.

The Fulltone is definitely worth the pricetag, though.
CLYDE FTW!!!!

amazing pedal im personally gassing for one myself. I just wished i had the money . But if you do have the money go for it.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
metalhead post #16 = +1

i've been sitting on a cfh for years now, and it's done me justice for high gain stuff, but tbh it's beginning to wear on me, and i'm looking for a replacement... the clyde is on my short list.