Hi, so i'm mostly into Hard rock , 80's hair metal, thrash metal, but i also like a bit of southern rock as well (skynyrd, molly hatchet etc). Given that, and a price range of under $400 ( i can go to 500 but i don't really want to spend that much) What should i buy?

I Prefer a trem, but it's not big deal if it doesn't have one.
Also i want something with a Humbucker at the bridge and one at the neck, doesn't matter if there's a single coil in the middle or not
I'd prefer buying new, i can go used but it'd better be worth it
other than that pretty much anything goes
So far i have been looking at some guitar's, esp mh103, rx10d rhoads etc

So make your suggestion's! Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
Quote by JacobTheMe
I honestly think some sort of Epiphone would work better for a hard rock/southern rock tone. I am definatly a Fender fanboy too.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-101835650-i1150003.gc

That should do it for your price.

if i was going epiphone though i think i would go korina explorer or korina v, i love the look of those guitar's! but that les paul's nice too
My youtube channel

Quote by camaross427
if i was going epiphone though i think i would go korina explorer or korina v, i love the look of those guitar's! but that les paul's nice too

A friend of mine had one. It sounded great when I played blues on it, but he used it in a metalcore band. The tone for metal was pretty lame, but it could have just been his EQ'ing.
My EPIPHONE SP11 does the trick and didn,t go broke over it...great for SLIDE playing
Desert Yellow Ibanez RG550 (non re-issue model) this is perfect for what you play though the colour may stand out during a southern rock concert but **** if it plays great then why not. And the usually good thing about these models is that since they came from the factory with some average pickups many owners have replaced them out so yeah.
a used RG550 or RG570 is your best option, IMO - Phil's right.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
RG550/750/770. You could even grab a 560 or something if you don't mind a rosewood fretboard.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
If you want a trem, I'd say your best bet is an Ibanez RG model around that price.

If you can do without, I'd go ahead and recommend one of the Agile Les Paul copies from Rondomusic. Guitars equal to or better than Epiphone quality, and cheaper.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Thanks so far for your help guy's!! i'll take all your suggestion's into mind, probably going to gc today to try some stuff
My youtube channel

www.rondomusic.com

Something from the Agile AL-2000 series would likely be a solid choice. With the money left over you could have it wired up with some snazzy new pots and pickups and whatnot.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
RG550/750/770. You could even grab a 560 or something if you don't mind a rosewood fretboard.

This. Or look for a nice used Charvel.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)