Ive owned a number of decent amps over the last few years, ranging from old school Randall solid states (Warhead, RG100ES, RG200SC) to newer tube heads (Randall RH50T, Peavey XXX) but a few months back I had to sell my Peavey as I was in bad need of cash.

So now I have a bit of money spare im starting from scratch, basically I need a new good quality amp. At the moment I have a Fender Frontman 15G and I really need to replace it with something good. I cant really spend more than £300 so my choices are a bit limited, but what im after is an amp that can do a modern metal tone (think machine head/killswitch engage/in flames) as well as a decent thrash tone (metallica/megadeth/evile). I have come across these amps as possible candidates:

Peavey Valveking 112
Randall RG75G3
Blackstar HT-5

Will any of these amps cover the genres/bands I mentioned? I have a boost pedal + a noise gate if needed. If anyone has any other amp suggestions im all ears.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
If you find a cheap, used Valveking 112, swap out the speaker and tubes, you can do most things fairly well. I'd recommend an EQ though, the knobs on the Valveking are very jumpy, its hard to get the exact tone you want.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Quote by TheLifeguard
If you find a cheap, used Valveking 112, swap out the speaker and tubes, you can do most things fairly well. I'd recommend an EQ though, the knobs on the Valveking are very jumpy, its hard to get the exact tone you want.

I will have to keep an eye out on ebay for a cheap one, although the 112 combo costs £249 new so its in my price range anyway, its just the 'tarting up' that I wouldnt be able to afford straight away. How do the combos sound stock with a boost up front?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
From what I've heard, the best upgrade for the Valveking is the OT swap, which you'd have to take to an amp technician to get done, unless you're comfortable with soldering and working on an amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Well, personally I think a $70 speaker is the way to go first - especially just bang for your buck wise. And OD and EQ.

I won't deny the OT swap - it looks like a logical next step for me on my VK. If a beginner just 'starting from scratch' and plays that kind of music then they would be better looking for something else that needs less upgrades.