so recently, i was bored and was on the ESP guitars site looking at some guitars. after a while, i got to their custom quote, and i played around with it for fun, and i eventually came up with a good v guitar. when i pressed calculate price, it said $10,350!!! and i was probably the most simple v guitar a metal player could have. So do custom designed guitars really cost that much??
they do if you buy them from a big manufacturer like esp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
they do if you buy them from a big manufacturer like esp.

Don't Jackson custom shop guitars go for something like 3000? Not exactly cheap, but still more reasonable than 10,000 dollars.
That, and the calculator overprices by double in lots of cases.

Plus, and custom made instrument is made of better quality materials and will usually be better and last longer than 'the most basic V you can get'
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by sashki
Don't Jackson custom shop guitars go for something like 3000? Not exactly cheap, but still more reasonable than 10,000 dollars.

i dunno. i know ESP has the rep for being very dear. That sounds a bit cheap for jackson, but i could be wrong.

Quote by Slicer666
That, and the calculator overprices by double in lots of cases.

yeah, that too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
try a prs private stock. i'm pretty sure they cost more than that.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Quote by sashki

But 10,000? Who the balls would pay that much?

yeah, i know.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just designed a pretty basic esp for 6,254... looks like your guitar was too fancy for your own taste!
I once made a guitar with that custom quote from ESP as well, in the end it costed 6.5k US$
I then went to RAN guitars custom quote, and made the same specs as i had made in the ESP quote
The final price surprised me, as they were asking only for 2k US$
See the difference?
The old custom quote (a bit more than 1 year ago) calculated a guitar price to be around 3200 US$, now? 8250US$. So I think there is something wrong there with the custom quote... or ESP decided that only the richest people should get their customs...
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
They're handmade to your custom specifications in the USA by highly skilled luthiers

theyre completely worth the price

but yeah they are like 10,000 dollars
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Quote by wolfeman85
They're handmade to your custom specifications in the USA by highly skilled luthiers

theyre completely worth the price

but yeah they are like 10,000 dollars

ESPs are made in Japan.

But I think ESP is different than all of the other companies mentioned. The other companies don't offer the range of stuff that ESP has. An ESP Custom is around $4000 and that's for the regular production ones similar to a Gibson Customs. Then they have ESP Originals in Japan which cost even more than the ESP Customs. Those are also like the Gibson Customs where they're made in the custom shop but they're not custom guitars. Naturally, building a guitar specifically for one person in the world would be more expensive. That's why companies like Carvin and independent builders like RAN and Ormsby can do it at such a cheap price. They don't make anything else and they don't have that hierarchy of guitars that ESP has. ESP is probably the worst since they have so many high-end options.
Quote by Baraga
I once made a guitar with that custom quote from ESP as well, in the end it costed 6.5k US$
I then went to RAN guitars custom quote, and made the same specs as i had made in the ESP quote
The final price surprised me, as they were asking only for 2k US$
See the difference?

Your final price for the order will never ever ever in my lifetime equal the same cost that you will get from an online calculator and not too mention the custom order sheets are a bitch to fill in and someone has to do it some you're paying someone for it (not really though, they're still a bitch)

I just don't get why you guys are bitching about the price of a custom guitar. It's a freaking custom some of these things can take months to do so don't think it's just going to be some off the shelf model that's been slightly altered to your quote. Anyway if you want it cheap then go to RAN but don't think because it has the same specs as your custom esp it will in anyway play or feel or sound anything like an ESP.